Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

He's Alive!!!

longspurs

I went to a stand for the first time tonight and saw what I'm 99% sure is the buck I wounded last year and didn't recover. Needless to say, I was devastated when it happened last Nov. 7 and I'm still not proud of it. Things took a turn for the better after the gun seasons closed and I saw the buck on several occasions throughout the winter. Although I searched high and low for his sheds this spring I never located either side.

Tonight, around 6:30 p.m., he stepped out of the same small chunk of timber he'd emerged from last Nov. 7 and moved into a picked bean field with a smaller buck. I immediately recognized him as the same buck due to some characteristics of his rack. My heart skipped a beat, however, when I settled my binos on him and noticed he's added a large kicker at the base of his left G2 that splits and also a drop tine further up the main beam that looks to be roughly six inches or so!!!!! With his main 5x5 frame, he looks like he'd go easliy into the 150s.

I'm so pumped I can hardly stand it! While he didn't get close enough for a shot I can't wait to get back out tomorrow night. I don't want to get too aggressive as the timber itself is only about 10 acres in size with several surrounding fields and a drainage with large cottonwoods, where my stand is. Obviously I can't be 100% sure he's the same buck, but having watched him many a night last winter I'd bet the farm he is. Hopefully with a little patience this one will come together! Best of luck to everyone ...
-Longspurs-

Put the sneak on him Ben.
smile.gif

We all will be looking forward to seeing the pictures of him when you bag him. How cool would that be if you got a shot at him on Nov. 7????

I've been out every night since Saturday except tonight and haven't seen him since. A few smaller bucks and plenty of does. I'm not too worried though, he's been hanging around the same spot for going on two years now ... I think he's just coming out after dark. I'm going to set up a trail cam on the field and see what I get. Hopefully he'll slip up once does start coming into heat!!!
grin.gif

-Longspurs-

Top Bottom