Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Hey Fish Nurd...

Field Service

Muddy, I was in Fin and Feather early this morning and while I was checking out the clerk asked me if I wanted to see the new state record spoonbill. I said sure and we went to the back room where they had a large spoon bill with it's head in a minnow tank. They said it had just been caught at the dam and thought it was 2 lbs larger than the state record.

I have no idea what a record spoon bill would look like, but it was large...

Anyway, you may want to drop in and get the details....

With it's head just stuck in the minnow tank... with nothing to support the rest of it's body. Boy, those brainiacs...

That being said whatever the state record for paddlefish is I'm sure it's no where near the size of the ones that the DNR fisheries guys catch/tag/release on the rivers. I saw a picture of one that was easily 5 foot long counting the rostrum (paddle/spoonbill) on an ex supervisors desk.

I'll maybe roll down there today and see if they killed it yet.

was it bigger than this????
/forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

paddlefishhug_2_.jpg

/forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif

the fish? or the guy who showed it to you!!!!!????????????

censored.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Field Service</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No... I'd venture to say he was slimmer and much more athletic... </div></div>

BWHAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Field Service</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No... I'd venture to say he was slimmer and much more athletic... </div></div>

That made me LOL! Real Loud!!! Stop it hurts!!! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

The one I saw in my super's office was way bigger than that one. And wasn't yours off a reservoir in Nebraska anyway?

Field Service - Good one!

Now that is funny right there...

You snag them.

I'm guessing the minnow bucket at Fin & Feather is the big tank that they keep the bulk minnows for sale in.

Snagging season is over. If you accidentaly snag them can you still keep them? Must of been the case on this one?

And the minnow bucket question, thats funny!

Ohhhh the fish! No not nearly as large. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

What's really ironic is that the two guys that caught it were running around hi-five-ing and toasting with merlot.....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Field Service</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ohhhh the fish! No not nearly as large. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

What's really ironic is that the two guys that caught it were running around hi-five-ing and toasting with merlot.....
</div></div>

By Golly Thomas, I don't think you're going to win this one!!!! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/tired.gif

Maybe you should sit down and have a glass of Rose', that might help clear your head AND calm your nerves /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cry.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: THA4</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Troy, your headed the right way for a whoopin too! </div></div>

I instantly have the sounds of Polka in my head. "Roll Out The Barrel"...... /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: THA4</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Troy, your headed the right way for a whoopin too! </div></div>

Tom, I don't want you upset on my acount /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

Next time your in town, stop by and I'll see if Heidi has any California Cabernet Sauvignon left from her girls night out. I'll sit down with my bottle of Gentleman Jack and you can vent. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Top Bottom