Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Hey!!!

gundog870

Premium Platinum Member
Everyone, remember to wear your harnesses.

A few short years ago I got the call from my buddy's brother as panic hit the woods. I happened to be sitting in a stand without a harness and my younger brother wore mine sitting next to me. It was a scramble out of there. Never again! At any rate, Aarons been in the woods this fall, gettin after it. I'm sure he'll shoot a bruiser in the next few weeks.

WEAR YOUR HARNESS!!!!!!

298995_10150454846877627_1604770132_n.jpg

Last edited:
I preach this to anybody that will listen and I yell at those that won't. Get a harness. Get some lifelines. And use them no matter what. It isn't worth it. I work 50 hrs a week and half of those are 20 ft off the ground setting steel. No fall is even going to end up good. Gravity wins everytime. All this safety gear out there and people still turn the other cheek.

Thanks for reminding us. I believe it was your post a few years ago that finally convinced me to get one. Now, I won't hunt without one.

I can't hunt without one since wearing one every trip out for the last 2 years (basically because of you buddy). I actually got to try mine out last year. Damp stands and mud covered boots lead to slicker than ice platform.

Thanks for the reminder! In my opinion, you'd have to be a moron not to wear one. That's not meant to be a personal attack to anyone, but just a slap on the head, shoulda had a V8 type of DUH! Even if they do hinder your movement, no deer is worth being hurt, paralyzed or dead!

Thanks for the reminder! In my opinion, you'd have to be a moron not to wear one. That's not meant to be a personal attack to anyone, but just a slap on the head, shoulda had a V8 type of DUH! Even if they do hinder your movement, no deer is worth being hurt, paralyzed or dead!

X2 Don't hunt without it!!!!!

decided to get one after I heard about a friend of mine passing away last December from falling from his stand. Everyone should wear one even in a ladder stand.

I had a buddy have the tree stand cables give out on him earlier this year... He is lucky, that is all I have to say, to still be walking. Always wear mine. you never know what will happen.

Good reminder, make sure to put it on right with some of the harnesses without vests. I say This because a budy of mines dad died when he fell because the harness was not right.

I know someone just before season taking down a stand to move it and fell. Broke both legs real bad, and had to sit there for three hours before help could get to him. Thank God it wasnt worst. Good reminder thanks

Thanks for the reminder...I fell out of a treestand 20ft up when I was 19 fractured and my spine, had to crawl to my truck several 100 yds away. Now I'm 37 and consider myself lucky, but i still pay for it everyday.. Back pain, muscle spasms, limited ability, pain killers, steroid injections etc..I still hunt 20ft but I'm a chicken now because I'm sure one more fall like that, I'm done hunting forever or pushing up daisies..

Considering switching to all ladder stands..

Excellent reminder! This year will mark 12 years since I fell 25 feet and ended up with a hairline fracture in my T9 vertebrae. My back's never been the same since but I'm thankful each and every day to be alive. Won't get in my stand without one now. On a side note there are still WAAAAAAAAAAAY too many people out there who don't wear them. I understand it's personal preference but anymore it's not about me ... I wear it more for my wife and son.

-Longspurs-

Top Bottom