Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

HF 2104 and SSB 3129

CottonwoodCanyon

Anyone heard about these bills? Sounds like it's a retooling of the anti-public land acquisition bills that always pop up. The way I read them, they're even worse than the wording on last sessions bill. I just got an email from BHA this morning and the subcommittee on SSB 3129 already happened this morning, the HF 2014 version meets tomorrow morning 2/1 at 1:30p. Anyone able to go?? Did anyone attend today??

I got an email and phone call this afternoon. I don’t get it. Who is getting in these guys’ ears to push this stuff? Anyway, here are the links and the Email

IMG_0076.png

My guess- Farm Bureau. Shoutout to Pheasants Forever!
In the past, it has definitely been the Farm Bureau. I would think it is a safe bet that they are behind it again. Their reasoning is that any publicly owned land is not then available for a farmer to purchase and operate as a farm.

HF2104 did not advance out of the natural resources subcommittee but could resurface later. SSB3129 did advance yesterday despite overwhelming opposition.

One of the groups against posted a video about the subcommittee meeting for SSB3129 and every person there was opposed except ducks unlimited was neutral and the only one in favor was a Farm Bureau lobbyist. The senators were concerned about new/beginning farmers.

As written, the bills state that the DNR cannot accept donated land if it was purchased at auction. So how far back does that stipulation go? If the land was bought at auction 10 years ago, can it still be donated. How about last year? How about we work on lowering taxes or something that would really make positive difference.

Last edited:
Top Bottom