Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Hf 2481

Fishbonker

Life Member
There has been a new amendment to an ammendment to this file. The amendment would raise the number of NR either sex tags from 6K to 12K.

http://coolice.legis.state.ia.us/Co...ervice=Billbook&menu=false&GA=83&hbill= H8354

This bill has been eligible for debate for several days but keeps getting
pushed back on the calendar. I urge you to contact the Representative from your district to get this amendment (8354) dropped.

It will do you no good to contact the amendments sponsor, Ms. Pettengill, as she has not heeded the call of the true Iowa Sportsmen. She will hear me loud and clear next fall when I contribute heavily to her opponent’s campaign fund.

The 'Bonker

Ms. Pettengill is not a friend of the Iowa resident hunter. :(

I have communicated with her many times. I am convinced she is getting financial support from those that are not "Friends of Iowa". :mad:

Pettengill is heavily influenced and knowingly making strides toward the degredation of her own State's resources. One of the saddest and most bold examples of a sellout I've seen so far at the legislative level as it pertains to resources.

THIS BILL IS OUT OF COMMITTEE! Even if your Rep. is not on the resources committee, you need to contact them now to get this amendment off. Time is getting short. Do it now.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong here, but when I go to the link provided for this bill & then click on the "Lobbyist Declarations for HF 2481" link on the left side it says that the lobbyist for the Iowa Bowhunters Assn. is for this bill.
It was my understanding the IBA is totally against any bills of this nature- period. If they are indeed for it, I am curious as to why.
Not trying to stir the pot here, just curious about this.

Also in the past, I've recieved a CTA from Iowa Whitetails Forever that had links to the Representatives that we need to contact regarding issues. I haven't recieved one from them so can someone provide the info for who we should contact about it? Since it's out of committee, is our local rep the best bet, or do we need to send other emails as well? I'm sure I'm not the only one who doesn't know and if the info is right here, it may prompt more people to take action.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong here, but when I go to the link provided for this bill & then click on the "Lobbyist Declarations for HF 2481" link on the left side it says that the lobbyist for the Iowa Bowhunters Assn. is for this bill.
It was my understanding the IBA is totally against any bills of this nature- period. If they are indeed for it, I am curious as to why.
Not trying to stir the pot here, just curious about this.

Here's my guess: If you read HF2481, the content of it seems agreeable to the IBA, so I'm not surpised the IBA lobbyist was for it.

What Pettengill has done, as politicians are so apt to do, is to find a bill that looks like it will get passed, then attach an AMENDMENT to the bill. That is what 8354 is, an amendment that she is hoping to sneak through (strictly IMO).

The IBA is indeed for the unamended bill. Look at the date of declaration for that lobbyist. IBA declared weeks ago and this amendment was offered yesterday and the amendment changed again today.

As far as IWf and a CTA, we all have real jobs that prevent us from being as spontaneous as we wish we could be at times. Watch for a CTA regarding the updated amendment today. It is in the process of group edit and then posting.

The ‘Bonker

The IBA is indeed for the unamended bill. Look at the date of declaration for that lobbyist. IBA declared weeks ago and this amendment was offered yesterday and the amendment changed again today.

As far as IWf and a CTA, we all have real jobs that prevent us from being as spontaneous as we wish we could be at times. Watch for a CTA regarding the updated amendment today. It is in the process of group edit and then posting.

The ‘Bonker

Oversight on my part....I overlooked that they were for the bill, but not the ammendment. Thanks for clearing that up.

I am mildly suprised that Mr. Thornton, the lobbyst for FOI hasn't changed to "In favor" instead of "Undecided".

The 'Bonker

I emailed my Rep today and he acted like he never heard of this amendant.
He said he would 'look into it'.
Sounds to me like more guys need to email there Rep's and let our voice be heard.

e all have real jobs that prevent us from being as spontaneous as we wish we could be at times.

And us guys that really know what you go through are very appreciative.Keep up the ggod work.

I've made contacts to both Representative Pettengill and my district Rep.

After a 4 email correspondence with Pettengill, I'm pretty sure.....no..... "absolutely sure" nobody is going to change Rep. Pettengill's mind on this issue.
She is determined to get the 6000 NR tags.

Contact your Representatives and good luck if she is yours.;)

Well I sent e-mails to my Reps and to Pettengill also. See what happens I guess. Sounds like we need to fill her inbox up.

As far as IWf and a CTA, we all have real jobs that prevent us from being as spontaneous as we wish we could be at times.

Not to mention that at least two of us have an obsessive compulsive disorder. I admit mine up front and I ain't naming any names for the other one but it might start with a B and end with an ONKER. :D

Its OK JJ when you are obsessively and compulsively looking out for Iowa Sportsmen. Can get a little over the top though when picking out a wardrobe!

Emails sent.
Thanks for bringing this to the attention of those would would never have known about it otherwise, guys!! :way:

Top Bottom