Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

HHA recommendations??

patch86

Im looking into a new site. I was thinking about one if these. Any model or types u fellas recommend? How r they to set up? As far as hunting how do they work? Any complaints?

HHA sights are the best single pin sight out there. I'm not sure of the exact model but get the one with the adjustable rheostat (adjusts pin brightness). No doubt you will not be disappointed.

When hunting I leave mine set on 25 yards and have practicedto know exactly where to aim out to 40 with that setting.

Last edited:
Switched to hha last year, shot 4 deer with it, very nice not having to decide which pin to use and an uncluttered view, very well made sight and easy to sight in

I have tons of experience with HHA sights being as how I was born and raised in Iwsconsin Rapids, WI (home of HHA). They are best known for the single pin by far, and I personally woudl go with the dial of the slider if you are interested in the single pin option. I actually just switched this year to the FX series which is a 3 or 5 pin sight scope mounted on the DX rail (which is the dial). Personally I love the multiple pin option for hunting and since it has the ability to become a slider it will be put to great use when heading out west this fall. If looking to buy used just ensure that you get a newer sight with the armor pins (much stronger). Otherwise the rest is all personal preference

If you follow the instructions and use the set up tape it is so simple it is almost funny.
Easiest thing to do is get it dialed in dead on at 20. Then put the number zero of the sight tape directly inline with the needle. Keep moving back to 60 until you are right where u want to be.
Once you have your 60 yard all dialed in, the number that your needle is pointing to will be the number of sight tape that you will need.
Once you have your sight tape all picked out, move the needle back to the number zero, stick the 20 yard mark of the tape right over the set up tape, stick a clear cover over it and go shoot.
I've done so many of these for different people. If they can shoot well it takes about 15 mins.
On a side note you want to make sure that when u mount the housing you have it as low as possible on the bracket so that you can get the most travel out of the sight. A lot of that depends on anchor point and peep height.
Goodluck and if you have any questions send me a message

I have also been looking into one too but was wondering how heavy it makes the bow. And also heard you can't attach a quiver

I recently bought a alphamax off member pandy and it had a hha on it. I believe he told me hha added a piece to the sight to connect a quiver? But he contacted hha i believe.

I just ordered the HHA 5010 a couple of weeks ago and haven't had the chance to fully sight it in yet, but this thread has given me hope that it wont be terribly hard before turket season. As far as the quiver I've tried mounting my arrow web on heli m but it seems like it would be difficult to make sight adjustments with the quiver in place. Last year I started using the gameplan gear spot and stalk pack and this helped me eliminate mounting a quiver on the bow.

HHA all the way! I tried shooting a buddies bow today that had a 5 pin and i almost had and anxiety attack! To many pins, and they were horizontal at that! I have shot my HHA for 6 years and cant shoot anything else.

Top Bottom