Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

HIGH COUNTRY'S KANSAS BUCK

H

HIGH COUNTRY

Took my yearly pilgrimage back to my old stoppin grounds of Central Kansas. Brother had some stands set up so no time was waisted. First morning pasted on a decent 8 pt bumping does around because we knew there were some big guys hangin around. Next couple of days saw lots of does and small bucks but nothing I wanted to take. While I'm in another stand another good friend shot his first ever buck a respectable 8 pt. The party was on!! 2 mornings after he shot his I said that is just too good of an area I think I'll go sit in that very same stand. Wind was perfect the moisture soaked into the leaves and grass so it was very quiet getting in. At 7 am I tried, for me, a new rattleing technique but some of you may have used it. I lowered my horns to the ground with my bow rope and started pulling and clanking those horns together while russelling the leaves and sticks. 5 minutes later I see him pop out of a cattail swamp 100 yds away. Instant ADDRENALINE! I had to work on my breathing because it was picking up pretty fast. He stopped a couple of times to look around but then committed on the trail right by the stand at 40 yds out, so I knew I was gonna get a shot. I started to draw when he went behind a cedar but by the time I was at full draw he was 5 yds right below me. I missed my clear shooting window but only had twigs infront of me. When I looked thru the peep all I could see was hair so I ripped the trigger. OOOOOhhh No way far back Hit, maybe gut shot maybe liver. I couldn't beleive I hit him that far back. Watched him run then lost site of him. Called my brother but he hadn't even gotten out of bed yet so got a hold of his buddy who was at the house also. Told them thought about sitting but man was I pumped, so I went back to the house. Told them the whole story then decided to waite because of the hit. We waited 6 hrs before tracking him. But no blood was to be found when we got back there. We went to the last place I saw him and started out. One of my buddies said If I was hit like that would I go to the emergency room or home. I said If I'm gonna die I'm going home. 200yds away and 1 hr later we found him dead and stiff. I had been dead at least for a couple of hours, maybe more. So to all you guys that have had marginal hits I appreciate the advice on When in doubt, Back out!!
Sorry so long.
HIGH COUNTRY
http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m202/bsfc11/IMG_0088.jpg
http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m202/bsfc11/CHANCELLTOWERBUCK11-13-07018.jpg
http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m202/bsfc11/CHANCELLTOWERBUCK11-13-07018.jpg

CAN SOMEONE BLOW THESE UP FOR ME. THANKS!

Here you go. Nice buck.

IMG_0088.jpg

CHANCELLTOWERBUCK11-13-07018.jpg

hoofline.gif

Nice deer High Country, Congrats. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

<span style="color: #000099">Would you like more information about becoming a PMA or Life Member? &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; </span>Details Here!<span style="color: #000099">&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;</span>

hoofline.gif

Top Bottom