Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Highway 2 Monster!

Hwy 2 is on IA southern border, runs from Sydney to Mount Ayr, that's as far as I go anyway .. hopefully it's around Redding
Monster..

I run highway 2 from the Iowa border at Fort Madison to Leon all the time. Long stretch. Could be anywhere. If it’s high fence escape probably around Decatur City / Leon. It does look high fencey, and the fact he stood there. Idk

Last edited:
I used to hunt around Mt. Ayr, and one day was headed down that stretch and saw several deer with large racks off the highway. turned around to get a better look and there was a half dozen sika deer standing in the cover. I take it they were escapees from the Teague Ranch.

I’ve heard two “I’m 100% sure I know exactly where that buck is at”. Not that I care but it’s interesting to hear 2 absolutely certain takes….
1) high fence out of teagues. Like above says.
2) Taylor county-ish. West of mt ayr for sure & somewhere Taylor. Dude explained but I honestly forget the exacts

2 “sure things” & just funny. From my knowledge of area…. I’d personally lay $ on it that’s out of teagues high fence. Maybe wrong.

Funny side note…. I bet >25 people text me that video. Next: I’ll bet some dudes went on wild goose chase trying to find out where that is and hunting that area cause of that video. Last- if u ever film a giant like that…. Why would u say what road it’s on?!? Or any details?!? I dunno that my first thought would be to put it on TikTok or whatever. I guess to each his own but that’s a head scratcher on filming & posting it + saying where it is!!!! :)

2 “sure things” & just funny. From my knowledge of area…. I’d personally lay $ on it that’s out of teagues high fence. Maybe wrong.
Someone with first hand knowledge told me it escaped, and they were trying to locate the buck after it got out. I think his fences are in bad shape. This summer, I saw a deer my neighbor and I had on camera and it was inside his fence. It had a messed up side and was easy to recognize. So not only are deer escaping but some are going in there..lol

Rumor down here is that the DNR has the rack. Hear it was arrowed a couple weeks ago. Someone called it in, raised some questions.

I agree with Skip above. Why post the video and location? Whenever someone does that immediately there are people trying to find that deer and the chances of it being poached skyrocket. If I post a video like that you can be assured the deer is dead and no location will be given.

I agree with Skip above. Why post the video and location? Whenever someone does that immediately there are people trying to find that deer and the chances of it being poached skyrocket. If I post a video like that you can be assured the deer is dead and no location will be given.
Because goofy people wanna feel important and share it on social media so they can get attention. They could care less if it screws over someone else as long as people like their dumb post.

There was no location posted. Hwy 2 goes a long way. Others on here recognized the characteristics of a penned deer and figured the area it came from. I think the video is cool, seeing a deer of that caliber. Now we’re screwing someone over showing a big deer online? Who cares. This sight should promote sharing not the opposite

Last edited:
Top Bottom