Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

History buck has blown my mind

I got this pic in late July. I figured he might be right at 160 when he finished as most deer were nearing completely finished antler growth. Due to a mistake on my part I missed him for a few weeks. When I seen what he had turned into my jaw dropped. I expected maybe an extra inch on his tines.. I was wrong.

July

Now

If you look at his left beam, you will notice he is not finished growing it. I know it will not grow much, but it shows you never to doubt a deer based on how developed other bucks are. He is a slow grower for sure. He has to harden them so maybe he will be a slow shedder and I will kill him in velvet. That is pretty rare in TN as our season starts the third week of Sept.

Here are some previous year pictures. I never had ran cams on the property during summer before.. I guess that was pretty dumb lol

Btw-I think he will break the world record for longest droptine lol

Last edited:
We'll see when he loses his velvet, but I'm thinking he put on some decent mass from last year as well. I hope you catch up with him! Good luck!

I hope I catch up with him too! I don't think he is quite a booner, but he MAY squeek by the awards mark if he scores a gross of 168-170 (which is possible) His left side is a little larger except on the brow and G2 so he will have a fair amount of deductions. I'd guess about 8-10" Mostly from his crazy long left beam.

It doesn't matter to me though. He is the biggest deer I have gotten on camera. There was one I always called his dad that had an almost identical right side. It would have scored low 70's without the lost G3 and sone other chewing.

I got him this morning at 7:15. Scored 158 3/4 unofficial. He will make our TN registry and will probably be in the top ten registered for my county just to give you an idea of how special he was!

Top Bottom