Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Hit List is now an empty roster!

cjgarrett

Well guys as i stated before that 2 of the 3 bucks that i had on my hit list had been killed. The third buck got arrowed last night. My dad had an awesome hunt and killed a deer we call "Tall Brow." More pictures and story to come. Thanks
picture.php

What?!?! No tough blood trail and recovery thread? Haha just kiddin with ya! Coingrats to your dad that looks like a REALLY old deer!

This buck was a 165" typical 10 pointer last year. We wondered why in the world he had a goofy right side this year. While cleaning him this afternoon we found a broad head in his left hind quarter. The funny thing is I have pictures of this deer all the way through January last year.... I guess someone might of shot him in extended doe season after he had shed...? Seems kind of goofy to me!

Unique one for sure. Tell him congrats! So what do you do now? Lower the bar or hope for some strange to come into your area?

Unique one for sure. Tell him congrats! So what do you do now? Lower the bar or hope for some strange to come into your area?

Well actually i live in KS so we only get one tag. I have a few bucks that will be 4.5 years old next year, hopefully one of those blow up. If not i guess i will be after a management 8 pointer!

Very cool. Confirms once again the right rear left antler/left rear right antler thing. I recall a seminar at the local Issac Walton some time back and seeing a buck with right side deformity but had not shed velvet. DNR biologist confirmed reason was that buck had ripped his left testicle area on what he said may have been barbed wire but could have been any sharp object.

This buck was a 165" typical 10 pointer last year. We wondered why in the world he had a goofy right side this year. While cleaning him this afternoon we found a broad head in his left hind quarter. The funny thing is I have pictures of this deer all the way through January last year.... I guess someone might of shot him in extended doe season after he had shed...? Seems kind of goofy to me!

He could have been shot during bow season, as the rack deformity wouldn't show until this year's rack was growing.

He could have been shot during bow season, as the rack deformity wouldn't show until this year's rack was growing.

I watched him come and go from the stand multiple times when he only had one side last year. He had a 10 day time laps from the time he shed his left side to his right side. I never saw any sign of an injury then. That is why i think it would of had to been the last week extended season.

Top Bottom