Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Hoistin guns up to tree stand

If you do it while they are not looking ...then No. If they see you doing it, probably does in most cases

probably not anymore then you climbing up it thirty seconds earlier

Gotta say that this was my first thought too. :D

From a different angle though...one time I had two fawns come in and bed almost directly under my tree. They snoozed on and off for a few hours and I was content to let them stay there because I thought their "mom" was probably nearby and likely being "occupied" by a buck. I was thinking I was better off with them there and hoped that mom would show up for them and drag in Mr. Big with her. It turns out I was right about that part, but the short version is I never got a shot at the buck.

But when I finally had to leave I lowered my bow from above and could have dropped it on one of them if I wanted. I kind of danced it around their heads for a few seconds and they peeled out of there at top speed, it was kind of funny actually.

One time I had a bedded button buck 10 feet from my tree. When I lowered the bow he watched it all the way down. I thought it was so funny I raised it up and did it again. He just layed there and watched it go up and down and up and down. I love dumb deer.

Top Bottom