Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Hold bow in blind?

I'm just curious how most of you hold your bow while bowhunting out of a blind. Do you use a bow holder that goes into the ground? Do you set bow up against wall of blind??

This is the set up im trying this year.

Went to Me nards picked up 1/4 round steel (about 3.00) and a can of plastic dip (about 7.00).

Heat with torch bend to desired curves dip in plastic dip three times and your ready to go. Made four with plenty of plastic dip left.

I would not hang more than my bow on it in fear of ceiling coming down. It works best near the center of the blind.

I dont think I would hang one of those heavy Bow-Techs from it
grin.gif

Bow_hanger_2.JPG

In the blind.

Bow_hanger.JPG

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: muddy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I bought a factory bow holder that sticks into the ground, works great.</div></div>

Yeah I have one of those but if your in soft ground such as sand it falls over.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: muddy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I bought a factory bow holder that sticks into the ground, works great. </div></div>

Seems to work good for me too.

I can't find the manufacturer of mine, but your stabilizer secures it to your bow. Then it has two prongs/ sticks that go out each side and the bow stands perfectly up and down. It was like $30 bucks, but it works amazing. Especially when stalking turkeys, you can set it anywhere and not have it tip over.

Gloomis,

PM Gunrunr from buckhollow sports here on the site. I bought one of these a few years ago from him and it worked great, problem is I lost it last year! Looks like i'll need to be getting ahold of him as well.

I may have seen what you guys are talking about. Looks like a bipod that attaches behind the stab, made by a company called "bow only". Production looks spotty right now according to the site if that's even the right deal. Anyway, I've had the same problem with the ground stake jobs, they fall over. I've been eyeballing either the Bow Jaws unit which has a square base to prevent tipping, or the Primos outfit that attaches to the rods in the blind and the bow hangs off it.

Gloomis,

I looked at it and it doesn't have any manufacturer on it. I bough it at cabelas, but don't think they have it anymore. I will keep my eye out for yah.

I think this is what Liv is talking about.
Bow pod

I dont care to have my cam on my bow down in the dirt, mud, and sticks. For 30 - 40 bucks.

I was thinking I don't want my cam in the dirt, either, so I thought I would put something down underneath it like a rag, etc...since I would be hunting from the blind I would just throw it in my pack with the rest of my crap /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Thanks for the info, guys.

Cooter,

That is the one I have. It works great!! I usually place one of those brown jersey gloves underneath the cam if it is muddy to keep it clean. When I am stalking your gonna get dirty so it doesn't matter much what you do. They do work really well though.

Well, I checked with Primos and supposedly the Double Bull blind holder is on hold until May so I decided on the Bow Jaws. I've had the same problem mentioned above where it falls over in wet ground but the square base on this is supposed to prevent it:

ground_baselg.jpg

I decided to build one instead of buy it though. I plan to pull the rubber coated jaws off a treestand bowholder I never use anyway and then skip the 90 degree bend and just have it go straight upward. Mine won't be detachable either, just a once piece unit. Hoping that the straight profile will make attaching to the pack easier. Got most of the pieces cut up today so tomorrow comes the welding. Should be fun.

So no one likes my idea
tongue.gif

My blind takes about ten pounds to bring the roof down. I thas no problem of holding two bows up.

My only worry is when the fabric stretches and the roof comes down easier.

Im fairly sure the new bow holder that Primos has out hangs from the roof rods and has those thumb screws to lock onto the rods to keep the roof from coming down.

Ive looking at making a brack to do the same thing.

I also dont like spending 30-40 bucks on something that looks like they have 10 bucks if that worth of materials in it.

Cooter,

I think it would be a good idea if it hung from the blind, just know it would be in the way for me if it hung from the center of the blind. Especially with another person in the blind. I usually tend to sit on the left side of the blind as you look out the main windows, but I move around a lot so I think it would get in the way for me, but it would definitely work. I'd market it and sell it /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

I like your idea Cooter.. I was just telling a few of my buddies about something like you just thought up of. I figured they had them out there somewhere. I was thinking there might be a way to hang your bow closer to the sides instead of dead in the middle though. That would probably need some tweeking though, especially for my bowtech /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Brew Crew</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I was thinking there might be a way to hang your bow closer to the sides instead of dead in the middle though. </div></div>

Not sure but I think that's the idea behind the Double Bull hanger by Primos. May is too late for a release date though, not sure what they were smoking with that one.
notallthere.gif

Top Bottom