Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Holiday Travel Advice for Waterloo Area

KCCyclone

Sorry this isn't Whitetail oriented, but I can't seen to find what I'm looking for by searching the web or I figured I'd ask here - and no one knows weather predictions better than hunters! I am/was planning on heading up to the Waterloo area on Wednesday night for Christmas but have heard that probably isn't going to be a very good idea. Can someone that lives in that area give me some info on what's predicted? I've heard 6"+ of snow on top of a 1/4" of ice....is that true? Thanks for the help guys.

It's anybody's guess right now but yeah, they are calling for ice and snow. Do you run up I35 then over to Waterloo on 20?

It's anybody's guess right now but yeah, they are calling for ice and snow. Do you run up I35 then over to Waterloo on 20?

Yeah, usually. But I'll also take the backroads (65/330/14) at times. But with the weather as it's being predicted, I'll probably stick to the Interstates. My wife's family lives about 20 minutes to the southwest of CF.

Sounds like the Grundy Center/Reinbeck area. Yeah, might want to stick with the heaviest traveled roads for as long as possible.

I wish you safe travels.

Top Bottom