Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

holloween hunt

was out before 1st light this morning. Bucks were really movin by 8:00. will be back out after work for sure I really want a halloween buck!

7pt said:
was out before 1st light this morning. Bucks were really movin by 8:00. will be back out after work for sure I really want a halloween buck!

Been out all morning, slow so far but should get better

sat till 830 in my normal stand only seen 3 does. its been pretty dead lately. dcided to get down and go check out another spot i like to sit and decided to climb a 15 ladder stand and sit for another hour or 2 and see what id see. within an hour i had already seen 7 bucks and 9 does. rattled in a small basket rack and a shooter 12 with split brows (maybe forgot my binocs) got him to about 60 straight down wind and he decided he didnt like things and busted out. i think i would have been in trouble anyways the stand is only about 15ft

ill be heading back around 2 with my climber this time. i doubt i see the big one again tho :thrwrck:

My old man said the bucks were chasing pretty good last night in hardin county. Now is the time to be out there man I can't get out till Friday but i'm doing an all day sit on friday 6:45-6:45 wish me luck

Was out sunday and had plenty of does running around. Gona hit the stand tonight, hopefully the does Are split and the bucks are moving

Halloween night was a bust for me. Never saw a deer in a 3 hour set. This full moon needs to go away.

Halloween was a no go for me as well. Sat for 4 hours. Not as deer. This morning, however, had 2 bucks chasing a doe hard through timber. Second buck looked like a shooter. Couldn't pick him up in binos through timber...full dash. This happened right at shooting light. Nothing since.

It was a pretty good hunt for me. Got in their a little late and had a real good buck chasing a doe all over, couldnt get a shot. Had alot of lone does out moving and a younger buck. Still not responding to grunts or the horns for me....

So here bear. I've been debating all morning on how i can lure the brute in i saw last night. I keep going back wanting to move a stand closer to where they are entering the field

BWHNTR0808 said:
So here bear. I've been debating all morning on how i can lure the brute in i saw last night. I keep going back wanting to move a stand closer to where they are entering the field

Be patient their about to start chasin and If you got a decoy it would be good in an open area.

come to find out i'm going to be spending alot of time hunting after hearing of layoffs coming next week sucks but good for sitting in the woods

BWHNTR0808 said:
come to find out i'm going to be spending alot of time hunting after hearing of layoffs coming next week sucks but good for sitting in the woods

Man, sorry to hear that. Better than late Jan or Feb though!

Top Bottom