Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Home made cover scent/eliminators

I got my recipe off of fastbows.com which is likely the same.Since i have made several batches i have no complaints.I think the white residue is the baking soda which is in suspension when the liquid is sprayed. That is why you always need to shake well prior to application.The stuff works great at deodorizing my dogs fur as well as her bedding/kennel.Where once i used the commercial stuff sparingly due to price,i as well as several friends now use this stuff liberally and love it.

I can't remember which peroxide you should use, but do remember that one of them was recommended NOT to be used because it would leave a slight peroxide smell. I may be wrong though.

One of the articles online that include the recipe said that the brown bottle peroxide has a stabilizer that has some odor. That's the 3% stuff. The 27% is used to shock treat a pool. Any store that sells supplies for pools or hot tubs should have it. Frankly I can't smell anything in the brown bottle stuff and went back to using it. I don't see any difference.

That is what I thought, I think what smells the first couple of days in the H.S. green shampoo, and then after a week it seems to be gone.

[ QUOTE ]
Do you use the 27% hydrogen peroxide or th 3%?
thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

You want to buy the 27% stuff (cheaper bulk, and odorless) and dilute it down to 3%. Read this article
waytogo.gif

Top Bottom