Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Honeymoon fishing trip.

shrek1

PMA Member
Hey Fellas,

Been a long time since I've been on. Good to be back and see whats been going on. Here's the deal- I got married in August and we decided to wait to go on a honeymoon till next summer. She wants to go to Canada fishing, so after some kicking and screaming I gave in to her. :grin::grin: Neither of us has been there and have no idea of where a good deal with good fishing and nice accommidations is. Yeah a quick internet search brings up about 6,735,413 choices but I thought maybe I could get some references from here. Michelle prefers to walleye fish, I'm not fussy- crappies, walleye, pike, smallmouth.

What about timing a bear hunt with this? Do they overlap?

Need to go in late July or early August due to ball games and school starting with her teaching.

Thanks for any tips or advice in advance.

My wife and I spent our 20th anniversary here.

http://fairlyreliable.com/

Great guy...excellent guide. We took our boat and had protected dock space for it the entire time we were there. Hired Woody as a guide for two half days and fished on our own the rest of the time and had outstanding fishing...mostly walleyes and northern. It is right on the US/Canadian border. We only fished US side, but did go across the border on a sight seeing trip one day when weather was crappy. If you apply for the remote border crossing permit ahead of time, you could cross to Canada by water and open up a whole new world of fishing opportunities. We didn't do that...didn't need to, but might've been fun nonetheless. Anyway, beautiful territory, outstanding views, great people, great food...you'd have a blast. Need more info give me a shout.

And yes, it is bear country, and the season up there would start around Sept. 1st, and I believe anything that far north would be in the quota zone.

Hey Fellas,

Been a long time since I've been on. Good to be back and see whats been going on. Here's the deal- I got married in August and we decided to wait to go on a honeymoon till next summer. She wants to go to Canada fishing, so after some kicking and screaming I gave in to her. :grin::grin: Neither of us has been there and have no idea of where a good deal with good fishing and nice accommidations is. Yeah a quick internet search brings up about 6,735,413 choices but I thought maybe I could get some references from here. Michelle prefers to walleye fish, I'm not fussy- crappies, walleye, pike, smallmouth.

What about timing a bear hunt with this? Do they overlap?

Need to go in late July or early August due to ball games and school starting with her teaching.

Thanks for any tips or advice in advance.

All I can say is your wife is AWESOME!

Bear hunting season in Ontario starts in late august. There are spring bear seasons in Manitoba and Skasatchewan, but the fishing and scenery is ALOT better in Ontario. I would look at the east side of Lake of the Woods for a good fishing trip with good options for crappies, walleyes and bass. Nestor Falls to Kenora. Let us know how you do (uh, on the fishing.)

Top Bottom