Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Hooyman saw

Status
  • Deleted by N/A
Dang! Looks like another tool for the ole backpack! I like my little limb trimmer, but that one would definately be handy to reach about anything in the way right from the stand.

I kind of like that. Wonder what they're warranty is?

$50 seems spendy, but that may be worth it... even in my cheap world.

60 bucks shipped is a little steep IMO, although they do look slick. I guess when my hand saw wears out I'll take a look at one, but until then I'll use my electrical tape and a cut limb to reach out to 5'. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

i prefer the all in one pruner/saw which extends out to 16 foot.

and NOT Fiskars.....
/forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

What im looking for is a saw to pack in for hang and hunt set-ups.

I havent heard much good about the Gerber saw, so im looking for something a little better.

So if anyone knows about anything like that it would be great.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

I havent hear much good about the Gerber saw, so im looking for something a little better.

</div></div>

Good idea. I used one a couple weeks ago and was way less than impressed.

These cost $35 or so online I have seen. They are suppossed to be good..i Read a review on them that was favorable. Scheels in Des Moines is the only place that sells them in the area that I am aware of and they are sold out I guess from what I have heard.

I have one, its a piece of Crap. I still carry it in my pack though because it works but not that well. Its built tough, they just need to improve the saw. Its hard to explain, but I will try. It works great for sawing pulling towards you, but when you try to push the saw away from you to cut the branch going the opposite way, the thing jumps right out of the cut. So you pretty much can only cut towards you. Its not so bad if you can get a little leverage on it, but then again, I bought it to gain some reach. It does pack up nice, and fits well in the side pocket of 2200, but it didn't work as well as I thought.

they are 40 bucks at scheels.

When hunting on the fly this is what I use. Portable, very light, and it can attach any saw to anything you have on hand. The straps are also multi-functional (examples include, using the straps to keep horns and treesteps quiet while in transport). Strap N Saw

Hooyman seems a little heavy and cumbersome to me. The idea is great but far from perfected IMO.

Man DOR, a couple Strap N Saws would make great prizes in my 2009 spring turkey contest!! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Ok, I'm not trying to sound like a complete smarta$$ here, but DOR, are you serious with that quick strap thing? It's just a couple bungy courds, minus the hooks. There is no way that strapping a saw to the end of stick like that would be secure enough to actually cut a decent sized limb. Please tell me this is a joke of some sort.

I'm dead serious and I think it works awesome for light to medium trimming when in a pinch. IF the saw can handle the limb the Kwik-Strap will hold the saw in place. It has rock solid rubber to rubber contact with no slippage. We might even do the Iowa Deer Classic this year. Typically we do the WI Classic and sell a lot of product there.

Muddy...we will talk. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

I broke down and ordered one got it today and tested it out in the yard. They worked great.

LIV in the instructions it says that the saw is no desighed for cutting on the away stroke, in any case I didnt seem to have that problem, maybe they already changed it.

I think it will become a valuable tool in the woods.

I didnt recieve any warrenty info /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

Status
  • Deleted by N/A
Top Bottom