Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Hot Doe

bkcrrtnps

Can say without a doubt that I have at least 1 hot doe in estrous, trail cameras never lie. You better get in the woods boys....

I'm sure you have. My buddy arrowed a buck on Oct 4th chasing a hot doe. His buck was 4.5 and he had another mature deer participating as well. Does come in from Oct to January in the Midwest. Obviously the majority happen around the same time, but there will always be outliers.

had a few does peeing in scrapes on my cams the last couple days. Supposed to get cold next week. Id say its gunna get good the next 7-10 days

Can say without a doubt that I have at least 1 hot doe in estrous, trail cameras never lie. You better get in the woods boys....

Someone had to be "that" guy I suppose. No doubt things are heating up, it is already October 23. But I'm still holding tight for one more week. Nothing showing up on camera during shoot light worth me chasing, does still sporting fawns all over.

Last edited:
Someone had to be "that" guy I suppose. No doubt things are heating up, it is already October 23. But I'm still holding tight for one more week. Nothing showing up on camera during shoot light worth me chasing, does still sporting fawns all over.

Yeah some does trickle in early every year. My buck last year was breeding a doe an hr before he died on the 1st.....just gets a guy excited

I watched a small 8 pt chase a doe hard for about 30 min on Monday in Mills Co. I am not sure if she was ready or he was just getting a head start.

Just makes me think of the "Young bull, old bull" joke.

Be patient, friends :)

I'm picking up my full body mount doe decoy tonight. Can't wait to get it in the woods in November! I'll post pics tonight.

Yeah there is no doubt some deer will be bred around this time. It's not an all or nothing deal but rather a bell curve (good call Daver). Some get bred early, some get bred late, majority get bred around the same time.

I actually have trail photos last year of a lot of all day buck movement on Oct 21. Then on the 22nd I have a pic at 8am of a buck chasing a doe deeper into the timber. Well for hours her fawn hung out in front of the camera and then about 2pm (7 hours later) the doe come back into view and the hair on her back end is all ruffled up...I'd have a hard time believing she wasn't bred that day.

Even knowing that, I'm not rushing to my stand until Tuesday when the cold front rolls in.

Had a 8 pt chase around a doe tonight step for step both came from down wind n went right under my stand at ten yards

Top Bottom