Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Hours in the stand...

9 hours in the stand for me........got lucky and killed a 148" 9pt on october 12th! I think i would have kicked myself if i passed him up!

I don't keep track..... But not enough cause I haven't got it done.

Sent from Cooter's iPad using IW

I have roughly 120 hours in the stand this year. Only a small doe to show for it....but that's my own fault for missing twice :( Oh well it was the first year I have ever had the chance to even draw on a mature buck let alone two different ones so it was still a great season!

I have over 230 hrs in with the bow, with one miss on a good buck. Killed my 2 does with the bow however. I already have 30 hrs in with the muzzy and I missed a pig Fri night @ 220 yds right @ shooting hrs. That's the first buck i'd seen on his feet during shooting light. Most are coming out 15-30 min after shooting hrs on the food plots. If we don't get some better temps, I'll be needing some recipes for tag soup.

Man,,how do some of you guys put in the hrs? I thot I had alot sitting in trees. Don't family protest after awhile?

I have a very understanding and loving wife, who logs at least half of those hours with me, So that helps a lot.

Hey guys,

I love this thread! I am going to plug my journal again. The Non-Typical Whitetail Journal is set up to allow guys like us a way to log all of our hunts and observations in one place so that we can learn more from all of our experiences. It not only lets you keep track of hours hunted and deer seen, but all the weather conditions during that hunt as well as hunt time, date, location (county, state and even which stand or blind you were in). You can add notes for each hunt and attach pictures too.

The best part of the Non-Typical Whitetail Journal is that after all of that is entered you can search through all of your hunts by any of the criteria you used. You can search by date, location, sightings, weather condition, etc. or a combination of any of them. Another great feature is the ability to help out and learn form other hunters observations. When you enter a hunt in your private journal a specific, completely anonymous, amount of information gets saved to another database that all of our users have access to. It is a great way to see how other hunters in other parts of your county, state or even the country are faring. You can even see if sighting are similar in different areas if conditions are the same.

If you have never checked out the Non-Typical Whitetail Journal give it a few minutes, and even if you have give it another look. There is a Free Trial and also a Demo version you can take for a test drive. I developed this so that hunters like us have a way to learn more from our hunts and better manage the ares we hunt. It is also a great way to record all of those little details that slip our minds over the years. It isn't a free service, but compared to the price of most hunting equipment it is one of the least exspensive things you will ever buy. If you are an IBA member it is too cheap to pass up.

It is never too late to get started. It was developed so that hunters could even go back many years and enter hunts that they have recorded at any time. There are also some really great mapping features that come with your private membership. If you have any questions feel free to PM me or use my contact info to get in touch with me.

If I had to guess, it would be 50 hrs or less this year, but I don't really keep track to often. The most I've ever logged in a week was 70.

WOW! Reading some of the total hours logged here boggles my mind. There are some pretty dedicated hunters out there, if not wifeless :grin:.

I probably hunted out of a stand for about 30-40 hours this fall, I sure could have hit it harder, and I have in other years, but family, other projects, work, age :grin:, etc, conspired against me somewhat. Did I mention laziness and a comfortable bed in the cabin? Cuz they played a part too! :grin:

But I don't think even in my younger, pre-family days I could have logged 200+ hours in a season. Good luck to everyone still at it.

Lets see...Had 2.5 weeks off and one of those weeks I had the kids so I was limited to mid day hunts from 9am till 3pm. Days with out kids were all day sits so roughly 10-12 (on stand hour to half hour before shooting light till dark, depending on the stand sit) hours depending if I changed stand locations. So with that said, lets see...

152 hours during the rut
plus 4 sits with the boy at about 3 hours each in the blind...that makes 164 hours on the stand bow hunting this year.

I probably had 30 hrs in the stand before I got my buck this year.

I am starting to enjoy tagging out earlier in the season since I have the last 3 years. :)

November 3rd; 4 hour afternoon hunt

November 4th, morning- 5 hour morning hunt, close call with a shooter.

November 4th, evening- 3 hour hunt, killed Full House.

December 23rd, evening- first sit of me for late muzzleloader, 2.5hrs, killed Popeye.

Total Hours; 14.5 hours, both tags filled, and 320 5/8inches of antler on the ground. Likely, won't ever again go as smoothly/well, but I'm not complaining. I did spend a lot of time preseason scouting, and also behind the videocamera.

Wives and hunting hours

Man,,amazing! And my wife thinks I,,,am a fanatic...Gonna show her this.

I like what the guy on qdma.com said, tell your wife that you are planning a hunting trip for a week (don't actually plan it) then tell her you decided to skip it this year...:D:D to stay home with her.

I hesitate to answer and don't keep any written record for fear my wife may find it and use it against me........... But if I had to guess around 70 hrs before I tagged out with bow. Only been out with the muzz once for 3. Time in the blind with kids does not count against me in the court of marriage.

Top Bottom