Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

How big are your NUTS?

turtlshell

PMA Member
here's an image of the acorns off the mothership tree I was talking about this summer. I would love to have a tree full of these HONKERS...because there would be plenty of well fed deer:way:

">

is the gum for after you put the nuts in your mouth:D i am sorry i had to say it. I know I know i will do it to myself:thrwrck:

Hahaha... what do you call nuts on your wall? Walnuts! What do you call nuts on your chest? Chestnuts! What do you call nuts on your chin?........

Red oak? In a city/town, park setting with little competition and/or one planted for landscape?

I love how you have a package explaining the long lasting flavor and how it cleans and protects your teeth as you show us your nuts.

Red oak? In a city/town, park setting with little competition and/or one planted for landscape?

No...yes...yes:D It's some hybrid cross of bur oak and (?????????????)

AWESOME, gum reference...not too often someone beats Bonker to the punch :way:

and that wall, chest, chin joke is one of my all time favorites :D

This tree was so loaded with acorns that all the brances are drooping from the weight. I would guess it is either straight bur oak or crossed with a white oak. It certaintly has out-produced all the other bur oaks around it since I have had my eye on it. The acorns/leaves are also different than the other bur oaks around it. A quarter was used in the pic for a reference.

100_0420.jpg

Branches sagging from the acorns.

LoadedBurOak.jpg

This pic was before all the acorns really filled out, man did this tree really grow the acorns this year!!

LoadedBurAcorns.jpg

Diameter at the base of the tree...pretty young one I would imagine.

LoadedBurOak-1.jpg

Top Bottom