Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

How Close Are We?!

iatreehugger

PMA Member
I was just wondering how the rut was progressing in your area (whereever that is in the state). I am in southeast Iowa, and this morning seemed like one of those to kick things in gear. I'm still seeing a lot of does be very casual, so I know they haven't been harassed too much. I was just wondering how close all of you think we are to it kicking in gear for another year?!

Id say we are getting close. Saturday night had a buck chasing a couple does. Ive noticed every time i see a doe im starting to see a small buck behind her. So id say its getting closer /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

soon...very soon
waytogo1.gif

Saw a 120" or so 8pt. walking right behind a doe off the highway at around 5:45 on Mon. in a freshly picked bean field. This weekend may be good, especially if it's not too hot.

id say its here, and will be progressing with each passing day.....

im counting the days till i get to be in the stand again!!!

Two decent 8's a mile apart and right off a well traveled road at 5:30 tonite. Didn't care who saw them. First time I've seen this all year and has to be a very good sign.

I read another post about it kicking in last night...I agree, the switch got flipped...saw a good one this morning with not a care in the world...just had his nose to the ground, and his mind on love...gotta love it...let me know if any of the rest of you have seen the switch flip!!!...and thanks!

I saw a 120's last night following a doe and when he saw me he just laid down in the grass while doe kept feeding. Saw another decent buck harrasing some does and fawns in a different field. I would say it has begun, it is not smoking hot yet but you better be out there!!

Top Bottom