Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

How close to season do you check cameras?

b0huntr147

Nebraska archery starts on Sept 1 and on Monday Aug 11 I checked my cameras and finished cutting my shooting lanes. I am debating checking my cameras towards the end of next week?

What do you guys think about this? How close to season do you guys check your cameras?

Just wait & check them on your way in to hunt from now on,Unless you got a big buck patterned & want to see if he is moving in the light

Continue to check during Sept. Once hunting season started last season I moved a couple cams into two of my best interior timber stands. Checked them only on entrance or exits mainly to monitor movement while I was not there (mid-day versus early AM / late PM, etc).

I don't know how you have them set, but I moved them from mineral all to my foodplots. I will check them mid-day and/or when I hunt the stands. I did all I could to remove them from what I would consider "too intrusive".

Continue to check during Sept. Once hunting season started last season I moved a couple cams into two of my best interior timber stands. Checked them only on entrance or exits mainly to monitor movement while I was not there (mid-day versus early AM / late PM, etc).

This is what I also do. Once season starts I put them on the trials going by my stands to see the time they are moving and check them on the way to the stand.

Top Bottom