Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

How do I kill this?

bbussewitz

In Heaven there's no Beer
I planted 12" red cedars and nannyberry shrubs in April. They look great thanks to help from this site. I prepped with OustXP in early spring. The surrounding grass was nuked. The picture shows what I found covering the majority of my plantings. How do I kill? I will use Oust and gly this fall/spring while dormant but what to do the rest of the summer? Thanks

http://iowawhitetail.com/forum/photo_popup.php?e=vB_Editor_001#

Hope the pic is viewable??

Last edited:
If u have any general weeds- carefully set up ur back pack sprayer to have a steadier stream and larger droplets... U should be able to buy or have an angled spray tip. Roundup and residuals if possible- put nozzle 6"away from tree & angle nozzle away. Spray carefully and work outwards with spray to make a circle with spraying all weeds and not getting on trees.
Side note- never use oust on shrubs anytime close to when in ground. Maybe the fall before. Maybe. Oust & shrubs (and fruit trees) don't mix well. U could do oust with cedars. I still would avoid hitting trees. Slow & careful & u will have this figured out in 5 mins.

Thx Sligh,

The picture shows what could be poke/pig weed.

I will try the backpack spraying on a non-windy day. Would 2,4d be safer on the trees than gly? I feel safer spraying around Cedar than nanny berry's.

I will keep the oust off the nanny berry's this fall, thx.

Top Bottom