Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

How do they/you do it?

ayr_aca_cs

This is just a general question/comment. I was surfing around and saw some hunting land for sale, how on earth do people afford to buy land just for hunting. I believe the land I was looking at, just for fun, was just shy of 200 acres and just shy of a $350,000 price tag. What kind of jobs do any of you who buy the properties have, man am I jealous! I know that it would never be in my future unless the magic lotto ticket falls from the sky into my lap. I have a hard time just affording a house, don't know about the rest of you. Just thought I would throw this out there to see what everyone else thinks, or if there are others who as jealous as I. And God bless you who can buy your own properties.

So you have to sell a kidney or two, maybe sell a lung. You know, do what you need to.

Man have i got a steal for you.

Sweet Land Deal

Thats cheap. 960acres for less than 600K. Pick that up. I will help manage it for you. :p

A 238 acre farm near me just sold for 1 million. Run down farm with the barn falling apart and a rathole of a house on it. This is not in an area that will see any future development. The 350k is a big price tag but for the cost per acre it's about as good as it gets.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What kind of jobs do any of you who buy the properties have, man am I jealous! </div></div>

Most of the land being sold in my area is being purchased by wealthy business owners of which many are non-residents. It is rare to see and "average Joe" buy hunting ground that is now upwards of $3000 an acre.

This is America and the whole object of being a business owner is to make a profit and with that profit one can do as he or she pleases including buying hunting land. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> This is America and the whole object of being a business owner is to make a profit and with that profit one can do as he or she pleases including buying hunting land. </div></div>

Well put, if my numbers are ever drawn...I'll become one of them too.

1750/acre is a steal. I couldn't even come close to dishing out the 15%-30% down payment it takes to buy land these days. I just hope my dad is able to hold onto his 30 and that someday I'll inherit it...pretty much how the game works where I'm from. It's a limited selection of buyers and if/when they die the kids have a hay-day splitting it back up again. It's a cycle and I'm hoping that by the time I'm reaching retirement I'll be able to build myself a small empire to modify to my liking for a few years of enjoyment /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Yeah I agree although alot of money $1750 an acre is good. The farm land in my county is selling for just under $5000 an acre granted that's farmland but it's not much different for other land. We have so many housinig developments going up the county stopped granting the rezoning for them until the 5-6 that are already here get filled up. One of them is in my old stomping grounds.
As far as being able to buy and being jealous I'm with you broke and waiting for the right numbers.

If you want to get ahead- Step 1, stop buying lottery tickets.... this is a tax on people who are bad at math.

Can't win if you don't play. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif Just kidding I see what you're talking about.

I buy a ticket when it gets insane just to dream but I stand behind people at the gas station buying $30/week and two cartons of cigarettes that bitch about unemployment benefits.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">One of them is in my old stomping grounds.
</div></div>

Mine too /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pharmer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I buy a ticket when it gets insane just to dream but I stand behind people at the gas station buying $30/week and two cartons of cigarettes that bitch about unemployment benefits. </div></div>

Very insane indeed. I just call it the POOR TAX.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pharmer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you want to get ahead- Step 1, stop buying lottery tickets.... this is a tax on people who are bad at math. </div></div>

Hehe, I'm sure the schmucks that win are terrible at math too /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Can't win if you don't play, and sure you're more likely to get struck by lightning a dozen times, but someone always wins... Like anything in life, moderation is key.

Top Bottom