Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

How do you display your bird?

Shovelbuck

I've never had a turkey mounted but have done several wall mounts like this one. What do the rest of you do?
f9df139b.jpg

that's a pretty sweet mount shovel. how do you keep the wings like that? did you take all the meat and stuff out? might have to get the plans for that for the bird i kill this spring!
waytogo.gif

Very neat Shovel. I've only killed one turkey, and have the tail in the fanned position on an old weathered barn board cut to a half moon shape for a backdrop.

Another question, How do you all display your beards? I have a ton of them with no idea on how to display them. By the way Shovel, very creative.

shredder - i hot glue my beards into the cut off brass of a shotgun shell and then i will also hot glue a brass snap swivel into where the primer goes and hang them on a leather strap. will post a pic when i get to it.

Muddy, I remove all meat I can then tack in possistion and salt heavily. When dry, I hot glue everything to a board.

I've done two fan/beard plaques so far using kits sold by walnutcreekhardwood.com. Both have turned out really nice, it it's so easy. Nice thing about their plaques is that you can have them custom laser engraved with some information about the bird and the harvest. I like to hang the bird's spurs below the bearn on a piece of black string. For the spurs from birds that I haven't made tail fans from, those go onto a hat band I'm working on. It'll take a lot of year's hunts to finish that project.

By the way, Muddy's got a great system there for saving the beards. Plus you have the shell butt that killed the bird to go along with it, and that's pretty special in my opinion.

well NebraskaWhitetail most of them are bow kills. that's just the easiest way to display the beards. i couldn't find a better way to display them and old 10 gauge shells laying around that were spent just begged to be cut up and put to use!

I shoulda' thought of that, Muddy. How could I be so obtuse!?! Darn my firearm mindset!!

You'll have to cut me some slack, though, I'm used to hunting deer with a high-powered rifle and turkeys with a 12 gauge!

But whatever a person harvests them with, it make a nice way to display those extra beards. Besides, ya gotta do something with them....the rear view mirror can only hold so many!!!

LoL

i did have them on my rearview mirror, then it broke off a few years ago and i never put it back. when a car as cherry as mine gets to such a super cool state you just let it do it's own thing...it's chick magnet.

wait...it's a hand me down from my wife...hmmmmm...chick magnet!
wink.gif
busted.gif
evil.gif
waytogo.gif

Shed hunter, that mount is great. He musta been the boss hog of the flock!! I've been doing the same thing as Muddy. Only I punch the primer out and insert a piece of fishing string, then put the old primer back into it with my reloader. They make good Christmas tree decor, if the old lady al have it!!!
grin.gif
I like Muddy's idea of using the swivel better, I'll have to try it.

nice idea! I have one tom in full strut and the other in flight. the one in flight is really cool but takes up alot of room. I have another that is the fanned tail and then a fake head mount with the beard hanging down from that. My mom bought the fake head for me and it is one of the easiest and coolest mounts I have. I will try to take a pic when i get my digital cam.I think the fake head mount was 29.00. Really neat mount.

I have limited space in my basement so I had to get creative. I had a couple smaller racks and turkey fans and this is what I did.
1043005_3A-med.JPG

TomBuck,

That's pretty cool, a buddy of mine did the same thing. OH, wait a minute, when did you get here?
grin.gif

Top Bottom