Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

How do you set your pins?

tracker

Life Member
Do you set your pins up to cover the target area or do you like to have it just touching below so you can see the area during the alignment stage? It seems like when I used to cover the area I would want to bring the bow back down to make sure I was covering the spot. With the pin just touching the bottom of it I seem to have a better view and don't seem to be searching. Anyone else like this?

When I shot bare bow I would look down the arrow. I would hold low to see where I wanted to hit, but I couldn't raise the bow back up so I started to hit low.

I went to sights and as small as the pins are I set them so they cover the spot I want to hit. I haven't had a problem. I would like to try the vertical pin style sight to see if you have much more field of view.

I would be curious to see if any body does set their sights up that way though.

I just put the pin on it and let it fly! And yes I do use Vertical pins, actually this season I was using just one pin, trophy ridge mantis sight. Love it!

I try to look through the pin, focus on your target and the pin will just be a blur in your peripheral vision.

I put the pin on the target. Placing the pin elsewhere is a really good way to compensate for target panic though. You having problems with that?

i'm behind scott and 150. i use the trophy ridge vertical pins, simply awesome, you see so much more of the target and once i got used to them i wondered where vertical pins had been all my life.

I put the sight right on where I want to shot. But I also shoot with both eyes open, so I can see right where the arrow is going to hit.

Top Bottom