Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

How does this happen?

"They died four or five feet right in front of me."

I think I would have at least TRIED to free them. Maybe there wasn't time, I don't know. But I would have been sick to my stomach had I witnessed that!!!

I'm going to disagree with you DannyBoy. Though I know you're a good guy I'd love to share a whiskey with I'm going to have to say that no way in hell would I be getting into the water with 2 bucks that could individually destroy me with their power.

Mother Nature is very cruel at times and I'm sure the site wasn't something one would consider fun to watch, at the end of the day I'd look at it as though I got to witness something in nature that almost nobody ever will get the chance to. Whitetails are incredible animals, incredible looking and incredibly powerful. They sure aren't the dainty things some people think they are and bottomline, if 2 locked bucks are drowning each other, I'm staying in the boat.

Haha, I was thinking more like use my roping skills to get a lasso around the antlers and drag em back to shore... IN THE BOAT! No WAY I'm getting in that water either. Either way, hopefully my bone-headed-ness will never be put to the test like that!

I do agree, mother nature can be very cruel at times and I know that this is much more evident to you way up north than it is to us midwesterners. Maybe this scenario is one of those times where a guy just needs to sit back and watch a spectacular and cruel event. Sure would be tough to watch.

Top Bottom