Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

How in the world can I keep my feet warm!?????

Bukslayr

I just got back from my morning hunt and it was pretty productive. I seen a few deer but none of the shooters I am looking for. However my feet never warmed up today. The rest of my body stayed warm with the Under Armour Cold Gear I have and the hand mitt with warmers around my waist. I've tried everything to keep my feet warm and have no luck. I have 800gram thinsulate rubber boots.

What do you guys do to keep your feet warm?

I have the same problem and it drives me nuts! Nothing worse than being in the stand on a cold day when your whole body is fine but your toes feel like ice cubs. I have 1200 gram boots and wool socks and my toes always freeze no matter what. Any other suggestions?

I think every individual is different. My feet almost never get cold, but here's my system. I love rubber boots, and wear the same 800 gram thinsulate down to about single digits. A good pair of wool socks inside these make a big difference. Also, I like them to be about a half size bigger than normal. A tight fitting boot reduces circulation and feet get cold. When the temps get to single digits and below, I wear pac boots. Probably lots of different types of these that will work fine...I have a Cabelas brand. Too heavy for lots of walking, but my feet never get cold in them. If I wear them when temps aren't real cold, they actually make my feet too hot. Like I said, I'm sure everyone is different.

NWBuck

I picked up a pair of 2400g rubber boots from scheels, that should do it for ya. I havent got the chance to try them out yet I hunted in uninsulated rubbers with scheels treestand socks yesterday but it was still in the lower 40s then. Ive got some buddies that just use 800s the whole time theyre bowhunting but they wear a very warm sock and throw some boot blankets on once they get settled in the stand. Not to disagree with shredder but my feet have always stayed warmer in rubber boot than anything else with the same amount of insulation, just gotta make sure youve got a lil wiggle room.

these really work on those extra cold days.

ItemImg.aspx

ItemImg.aspx

I wear layers of socks. 1st layer is a poly material that wicks the sweat away. I wear a cotton sock over that (that's where the moisture goes), then a 100% wool sock over the cotton.

You need to have enough room in your boots to allow for the layering yet remaining with a slightly loose fit. If your boots are to tight, then you compromise circulation and without good circulation............nothing will keep your feet warm.

You will have to play around with sock thickness to find what works best for ya, but I'd recommend a medium weight poly for that first layer.

That's what works for me.

Were you standing on a metal stand? I can feel the cold come throught he soles of my boots right into my feet in the winter.

Layering socks helps, and the foot warmers when it REALLY gets cold. I've read several articals that say to roll a piece of carpet up and carry it into your stand, and lay it on the floor and take it back out with you when you leave. Silent, non-skid if there is ice, and extra insulation.

2 words...............Boot Blankets. They go over your existing boots. I thought these were a joke until I bought a pair.

I just bought electric socks this year. 1 D battery for each sock. I took them out tonight, but never needed to turn them on. I will let you all know how they work.

I was in the same boat for the 1st 13 years of my 17 years of hunting. I could not keep my feet warm no matter what I did. I tried it all. Rubber boots, pac boots, regular boots and nothing worked. I mean nothing worked. Artic shield boot blankets worked but not really what I wanted to use in a tree. I bet I have spent 2000 dollars over those years trying to find something that works.

Well I finally found my silver bullet and it is the Military Mickey Mouse boots for 70 bucks. I kid you not, my feet don't get cold anymore. I only wear one pair of wool socks down to about -20 degrees then I can last about 4 hours before they start to get cold on stand. That's long enough for me on an Iowa morning or evening hunt. If the temps are above 0 degrees I can last all day long and not feel the slightest cold I love them, I absolutely love them!!! The only thing I don't like about them is they don't have great traction but if I can sit all day and not suffer frozen feet I will take it any day of the week. Buy a pair, you won't regret it. Typically I start wearing these when the temps get below 30 degrees for those all day sits in the rut.

Mills Fleet farm in Mason city has them right now. I am going on my 5th year with these boots and they finally have a crack in them. This is also the only boot I have ever worn that has lasted more than a season.

Last edited:
Get a pair of these, bring them in your pack, once in your stand, remove the boots you wore out to the woods, put your sock foot inside of these, and throw a couple of air activated hand warmers in these sleeping bag for your feet boots. Put your boots you wore out back in your pack, and sit back and enjoy the hunt. Works awesome.

icebreakers.jpg

If your feet are cold now what will you do when it gets cold?? I hope you find a good system for you, good luck and stay warm.

it all starts with the socks, moisture wicking liner,good wool sock then good boots. rubber make my feet sweat bad but wool keeps insulation value when wet. I have danner 1000 grams and they are a very warm boot but when it gets real cold i bust out the boot blankets by arctic shield. gotta put them on before your feet are already cold though.

What do you guys do to keep your feet warm?

I grew up in Saskatchewan, Nothing fancy...big wool socks, felt liner from a pair of big winter boots (the big sorel type knee hih ones good to -60 or whatever they claim) so that you have room for "hot pockets"...Tape the liner up...almost mummy like with hockey tape. Just pull it over the aplaca wool socks and the handwarmers. Kind of hillbilly like? Yes, but it works.

Top Bottom