Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

How is it?

scout

How is it, that so many pics have both a deer and one or more coon in them? How come the coon are not tripping the camera? Are the cameras taking a bunch of coon only pics or is it an aiming issue or perhaps a sensitivity setting on the camera?
I'm just wondering how many 35mm photos go right into the trash as opposed to deleating them from digital memory. (camera choice issue for me, thanks for the help.)
shrug[1].gif

Not uncommon in a roll of 24 to have only 6 or 8 pictures that you want to keep. Coons will set the camera off by themselves, but it might not be tripped based on the time setting as well. Alot of times one picture will be a single deer (or other critter) walking into the field of view, and the next one (after the 1 or 5 minute interval) will have several animals in the picture.

Digital would certainly be the way to go, but I'll keep using my film camera 'cause I'm too cheap to buy another one. Good luck!!

NWBuck

Last year I spent nearly a grand on film and processing and was not going to do it again so I made the conversion to digital this year. I talked with a buddy of mine last night and the 4 digitals I have built for him plus the 3 other commercial models took over 1000 pics in the last week....tally that one up if he would have had film cameras and see the cost there.

Digitals are more expensive up front but pay for themselves in a short period of time of usage vs the film cameras.

Top Bottom