Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

How long should I wait

hunter25

Shot a buck this morning at 8:35 , shot looked like it hit directly in the center of the deer , he ran off and blood was pouring out the opposite of where the arrow went in , fortunately the rain in my area is over with! I'm shooting rage extremes . Just wanted opinions of how long to give him.

Just in case I'd do 2 hours to be safe. Sounds like it will be dead shortly tho. If u find arrow and describe the blood might help too

I'd follow the blood trail slowly about 75 yards and if you don't find him wait for a few hours. I like to gut them ASAP!

Wait for two hours and go slowly glass ahead 75-100 yards. Use that sign to evaluate what's next. It's plenty cool today no worries.
Based on the blood pouring out the other side observation I don't think you have any issues.
Did you recover the arrow?

The arrow was penetrated through both sides of him when he ran off , I got down out of the stand, and went the opposite way that he went . Going to go back out and look for him at 2:00.

The arrow was penetrated through both sides of him when he ran off , I got down out of the stand, and went the opposite way that he went . Going to go back out and look for him at 2:00.
Good choice usually instant pouring blood is an awesome sign.

Good call on waiting. Go slow and watch the blood and ahead of you 100yds or so. When you say dead center do you mean height or left right

Yep he should be dead, gut shot deer can live for awhile. If there was a lot of blood, prob hit artery.

Went back out to look for the buck at 2:00 , got on blood right away he ran about 100 yards. Thanks for everyone's input !

Top Bottom