Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

How long under water?

All,

How long can Rye, Oats, Austrian Winter Peas, Brassicas, and Purple Top Turnips be under water and still survive? I have 7 acres under water as we speak. Pretty upsetting thinking about the time and money but the fact of not being able to hunt over these plots is what really puts me over the edge!

T$

Were they germinated and growing, or just planted?

If they are growing good and have a little maturity on them, there is a pretty decent chance that they will make it, as long as the water doesn't sit on them for more than 24 hours. After that, its a guessing game.

They were planted Aug. 17th and were looking like a lush green blanket. The water should be off tonight but it will have been 36 to 40 hours under water so I don't expect much.
T$

man that sucks i only have a 1/4 acre plot tucked away and i would be bummed out if i loss that i couldnt imagine seven acers hope it turns out for you.

Rye is tuff stuff almost weed like, but I don't know about the other stuff.

Let us know what survives and what doesn't.

I got an acre of my fall plots (all I planted) under water right now too. Its rye oats and awp but I got them in just this last wednesday. 4 days before going under water.

Will what seed didn't get washed away still germinate if the water gets off of it in a day or two??

I guess we can see what seed does better. Stuff already up and kickin or seed that was just put in the ground.

Good luck to you and I hope your 7 acres make it!!

Top Bottom