Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

how long until the acorns germinate??

Next spring, probably around April-May-June depending on when the soil really warms up. They should start to germinate soon after falling where as red oaks won't start germinating till the following spring and will pop up at the same time as the white oaks.

I did not realize they are already dropping, better get on the ball myself.

Really?

Next Spring? I thought whites would grow this fall if planted now and reds would winter over and sprout next spring. I'm gathering up some now and I fully expect those little buggers to be out of the ground before the snow flies.....

Next Spring? I thought whites would grow this fall if planted now and reds would winter over and sprout next spring. I'm gathering up some now and I fully expect those little buggers to be out of the ground before the snow flies.....

They will grow this fall...down that is, you won't see anything up top till next spring. Maybe in the more southern climates they will send up sprots in the fall, but I have never seen that in my area. Besides they have to build a root system first to support the top growth. When you see a flush of new growth, rest assured that they added that much more to their root system to be able to do that.

Top Bottom