Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

How long will it take??

ohio giants

So I shot a really nice buck back on November 22 and never did find him after two days of looking now my question is if he was still alive how long would it take to get him back on camera I got 3 cams out and never seen him yet and I even have corn out for them he was a regular deer to came by almost everyday

I too shot one this year, looked for a couple days and couldn't find him. Ended up finding him during shotgun season at the edge of a ditch hailing a** away from me, shots missed and he got away again. I have seen him several times now but never on camera. Maybe your deer is still around, or maybe he is dead. Sorry, can't really answer the question, just some information to get you thinking! Good luck!

I've only had two experiences with this. One was in 2006 pre trail cameras for me. I hit a buck high and back on Oct 22nd. He wasn't seen again until my buddy killed him in Dec 21st on food during a wicked cold evening. In 2011 my buddy hit a buck in the shoulder on September 28th(urban). He didn't show back up on camera until 11-10 and that area was blanketed with cameras. I killed him on Dec 10th over a food plot when it was 10 degrees out.

I don't know how much ground you have but around here during that time frame some of those bucks are cruising for miles looking for the last hot does. Do you own enough ground he is always on it or is it something he passes through?

My biggest buck I've killed I shot with a bow on October 7th. Followed blood for a half mile and then lost blood. Killed him December 15th with a muzzleloader coming to food. I never saw or got a picture of him until the night I killed him.........

My best buck this season I shot on 10-14. I felt sure I had killed him. On 10-20 he was back on camera. I watched him a couple times from a distance, once tending, then killed him on 11-9. He was 5 inches shorter, in the horns, than the first encounter from fighting. He still had the broken arrow and broadhead in him. He cored hard on this property for several seasons. The first shot did not change that.

You guys all give me hope he is still alive just staying low I'm hunting on 300 acres believe I'm the only one hunting it I'm gonna spend a lot of time shed hunting this place and try to find his sheds or him dead witch I hope I just find his sheds my buddy shot another buck on this same place and the week after I had him on cam and I've passed him up a couple times outta stand so that's what had me wondering if my buck was dead or just smarter then me

Top Bottom