Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

How many of the master debaters here recently

Most threads are on how to improve the current conditions. People are replying. That doesn't constitute trying to change things. The questions came up and ideas were brought to the table.

It's extremely shallow minded though for people to trash an idea based on who posts it. It's amazing how much people create this us against them mentality in this forum. People have to stop looking through pessimistic googles.

From everything I have read, the "us against them" seems to be brought up more by the NR's looking for attention. Just my observation. I'm sure you will tell me that I'm wrong. I'm fine with that.

Just curious....how many times have you hunted here? What years and in what part of the state?

People have to stop looking through pessimistic googles.

Last time I used googles my teacher told me it wasn't a suffice reference-

jokes aside- I agree with you on this. I am a resident of Iowa and sometimes we need to realize good ideas come from PEOPLE- not just Iowans. Its not like all of our hunting issues are from Non residents- However I am pretty tired of seeing Missouri plates spot lighting our property in southern Iowa once it gets dark out- frustrating!

also - Will I be allowed in the classic with non camo, Under Armor or NRA clothes on? I was thinking of trying to go as a city folk?

From everything I have read, the "us against them" seems to be brought up more by the NR's looking for attention. Just my observation. I'm sure you will tell me that I'm wrong. I'm fine with that. Just curious....how many times have you hunted here? What years and in what part of the state?

I have not hunted Iowa yet. I have been there on scouting trips, to secure permission to hunt and to assist a buddy on setting up his farms better. I gained my access to hunt by driving out and meeting face to face with Iowa farmers. I've walked more ground than I care to remember. Amazing what a handshake will do. The farms are scattered across the SC & SE portion of the state.

I have not hunted Iowa yet. I have been there on scouting trips, to secure permission to hunt and to assist a buddy on setting up his farms better. I gained my access to hunt by driving out and meeting face to face with Iowa farmers. I've walked more ground than I care to remember. Amazing what a handshake will do. The farms are scattered across the SC & SE portion of the state.

So impressive that you have such a firm grasp on the issues our deer herd has and have never hunted here a day in your life. Your level of interest here is odd.......

Any chance you would look to purchase ground here if NRLO's were given some preference in tags?:rolleyes:

So impressive that you have such a firm grasp on the issues our deer herd has and have never hunted here a day in your life. Your level of interest here is odd....... Any chance you would look to purchase ground here if NRLO's were given some preference in tags?:rolleyes:

It never ends with you. Everything you do is antagonistic. Just contribute to a discuss without any of this sideshow crap. If you have a valid point make it. Everything you do is meant to pull people off topic and get them irritated.

It never ends with you. Everything you do is antagonistic. Just contribute to a discuss without any of this sideshow crap. If you have a valid point make it. Everything you do is meant to pull people off topic and get them irritated.

Oh I think he made his point. Now it makes sense why you want the regs changed! Your wanting to buy land here!

Wow. Not at all. I was simply making a point that its kind of strange for someone to show so much interest in a state that they have never even hunted in. I was wondering if it was because you would like to own ground here and get preference to hunt it? So, is that your motivation? Just asking a question. Not sure how that is antagonistic...? You need to stop playing the NR martyr card. Its worn out.

The only distraction seems to be your rant in response to a simple question. Did it make you uncomfortable for some reason? If so, why?

So, is it your hope that you could own ground here some day and receive some preference in getting tags?

So impressive that you have such a firm grasp on the issues our deer herd has and have never hunted here a day in your life. Your level of interest here is odd.......

Any chance you would look to purchase ground here if NRLO's were given some preference in tags?:rolleyes:

So a biologist can't move to another state to help improve a populations health just because he is interested in them?

They do, but the IBA banquet is a better place to spend your money, bowhunter or not. WTU is pretty generic and for amount of money they rake in, it never seems to be spent local on a regular basis. You'd probably run into more folks from this site at the IBA banquet also. No finer banquet in this State. WTU refuses to have any political influence as well. Money grubbers as far as I'm concerned. My 2 cents...

I agree. Went to the WU banquet for the first time last year but would never go again. The IBA Banquet is better and I know that most of the money they raise goes towards promoting archery in Iowa and helping to preserve our legal agenda.

Lot of money flows through that WE banquet but who knows whose pockets it ends up in. Never heard of them doing anything either state or local level.

You're saying because some one is interested in something they can't travel to help manage it. That's like saying Iowans can't deep sea fish because there isn't an ocean along Iowa.

Maybe he wants to come to Iowa to learn things that he could do on farms in his state or try new methods here. If NR can't help our deer herd then we better find new QDMA ideas, can't plant food plots for better nutrition because Iowans didn't have that they borrowed it..

You're saying because some one is interested in something they can't travel to help manage it. That's like saying Iowans can't deep sea fish because there isn't an ocean along Iowa.

Maybe he wants to come to Iowa to learn things that he could do on farms in his state or try new methods here. If NR can't help our deer herd then we better find new QDMA ideas, can't plant food plots for better nutrition because Iowans didn't have that they borrowed it..

No Curtis. I'm saying that he wants to someday own land here and get preference for tags. That's why he has spent time here looking around and is always on this site promoting NRLO's. So, no, the words you put in my mouth could not be further from the truth. Its not like that AT ALL.

Where has he said he wants to buy land and get preference... Looks like your putting words in all NRLOs mouths

Last edited:
The only distraction seems to be your rant in response to a simple question. Did it make you uncomfortable for some reason? If so, why?

So, is it your hope that you could own ground here some day and receive some preference in getting tags?

His buddies are all screaming, "Don't answer that!" :D

I bet he got a couple of PM's. :eek:

I swear I never put anything in Melissa's mouth.

Idk how spell check got Melissa out of NRLOs. Haha

But just because some one is interested in hunting here and managing the herd does not mean they want to buy here.. I want to hunt elk in Colorado, but I don't want to buy land there.

Idk how spell check got Melissa out of NRLOs. Haha

But just because some one is interested in hunting here and managing the herd does not mean they want to buy here.. I want to hunt elk in Colorado, but I don't want to buy land there.

He does. But thanks.

Do you spend time on a Colorado website recommending they change regulations there? Maybe you should be able to get a bull tag in a trophy zone with fewer points? Just sayin'...

Look at it like Thanksgiving dinner. Amazing but only comes once or twice a year. Yeah you wish you could have it all the time but you don't and it is special because of that.

Iowa is many people's so called "Thanksgiving dinner" they want to come here because it is much greater than their states. Meaning they want it to be great when they do draw. Take away the "turkey and pumpkin pie", the abundance of great deer, you have a boring dinner.. You put many days effort into preparing the meal so it's special. Many NR want to offer what they have in order to keep the "dinner" special.

He does. But thanks.

Do you spend time on a Colorado website recommending they change regulations there? Maybe you should be able to get a bull tag in a trophy zone with fewer points? Just sayin'...

Elk and deer (no comparison)

In reference to you saying fishing and deer hunting is no comparison!!

Last edited:
Elk and deer (no comparison)

In reference to you saying fishing and deer hunting is no comparison!!

Is this where I am supposed to pitch a big fit and rant about being picked on because I am "different"???? :rolleyes:

By the way, my neighborhood is looking to start a "watch" program. Would you like to sit on the board?

Top Bottom