Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

How many tags can you get for bow hunting?

Ried#3

I usually just get an any sex, but can you also get a doe tag on top of that? How about land owners for bow?

As a resident landowner you can get two any sex bow tags and one any sex gun, mloader or shotgun. Not sure how many doe archery tags you can get, but probably more than you would care to shoot.

As a resident landowner you can get two any sex bow tags and one any sex gun, mloader or shotgun. Not sure how many doe archery tags you can get, but probably more than you would care to shoot.

You can buy your entire county's allotment in doe tags with a bow if you want too :way:

For the landowner tags do you have to fill them on your land? Dumb question I know, but I have no idea.

6x6 said:

Sweet! I didn't know you could get two. But, can I get a landowner tag for Youth then 2 for Bow and 1 for Shotgun any sex landowner? Can I also still get a Jan. Antlerless tag?

Im not so sure you can get the landowner tags yourself Teenage, but I dont really know...maybe someone else can shed some light on that?

You can get the landowners tag to hunt your families land, but you need to be registered with your parcel #s ahead of time. Without the landowner tag you are allowed 1 any sex bow and 1 gun. The landowner is a bonus you can use for whatever season you want. The youth tag is also a bonus tag that does not go against your normal 2 any sex tags, bow and gun. You may want to use your landowner tag for shotgun season because it is good for shotgun season 1 and 2.

I have never registered my land or gotten tags for it. I assume you can do that on the DNR website somewhere? Thanks.

Not exactly right - You can get a combination that would allow 2 anysex gun tags.

You can get your Any Sex Bow, Any Sex Late Muzzy and get Land Owner Any Sex Shotgun.

For bow season if I buy one for the early season and do not fill my tag, does it carry over till the late season in December??

Basically you can get three any sex tags if you own land. Two if you don't...1,Anysex statewide bow or shotgun.(Unless you got early muzzleloader) 2, Landowner anysex bow or shotgun.And 3, I believe for late muzzleloader. I may be wrong on the late muzzy but I have been told you can get that one two, though I never have.

Landowners tags are "invisible" to the regulations, meaning that first look at what two any sex tags you are allowed to purchase as a resident, then the landowner can be for any season you wish on top of those.

I've been going with an archery LOT plus a regular state wide archery any sex, then a regular state wide shotgun (pick one of the seasons).

I've taken the LOT for early ML season a couple years, you can buy it the day before the early season as LOT are above/beyond the 7,500 license cap.

I've gone late ML season with a LOT, but the properties I hunt are not very good for that season. So I have settled on the two archery and one shotgun season mix.

Im not so sure you can get the landowner tags yourself Teenage, but I dont really know...maybe someone else can shed some light on that?

Ugh, I'm registered as a landowner/tendent under my Dad. So, I've always been able to get a tag :)

You can get the landowners tag to hunt your families land, but you need to be registered with your parcel #s ahead of time. Without the landowner tag you are allowed 1 any sex bow and 1 gun. The landowner is a bonus you can use for whatever season you want. The youth tag is also a bonus tag that does not go against your normal 2 any sex tags, bow and gun. You may want to use your landowner tag for shotgun season because it is good for shotgun season 1 and 2.

^^
This right here :) Thanks Joe!

EDIT: Question, I can get 1 Shotgun tag any sex + 2 Bow any sex + Youth any sex, right? I don't go Mzloader.

Last edited:
Top Bottom