Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

How many years have you been hunting?

Started bowhunting in 1969 at age 13 with a Bear Grizzly recurve, cedar shafts and Bear broadheads in a clamp-on Kwikee Kwiver. Bought it from Herters for $39. Switched to a Darton compound in 1980 and still have both bows. Went shot-gunning off and on during the '80s and early 90's, took a number of deer, including a very nice 10-pointer.
After taking about 10 years off, I got back into bowhunting via turkey hunting. I'd forgotten how much fun it is to sit out in the woods and become part of the landscape. Still working on a deer this year, maybe this weekend. Counted 32 last Wednesday during a 1-hour pheasant hunt in Emmet Co. Isn't that the way it always goes!

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rembrandt:
It's been said that the more you do something...the more accomplished you become. How many years have you been hunting deer?.....shotgun-muzzleloader-handgun or bow? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> My dad's been taking me hunting for three years now. Only used a shotgun so far, but I plan on using a bow next year to take one of the monsters we've been seeing so much of in over in Madison County (hey, a kid can dream, can't he?). My dad and I each got bows this summer. At 20 yards, my groups are about 3 inches, and his are about that at 40.

i've been gun hunting 7 years. and i've bow hunted 1 year. and so far bow hunting has been unsucsessful. but! i have shot 10 deer with gun. So i know thats not my weak spot!

For bow,1960(I was 5).I shot the neighbor kid in the left eye with a bow I got for my birthday. Took the suction cups off the end of the arrows first of course. Didn't do any permanate dammage, cause I got a Bear recurve about 15 years later that I used for carp. Got back into bow this year. Oh yeah, the kids eye was OK too. I was a long way from him when it hit him, I was trying to shoot over his head. Didn't matter, I still got the butt whippin of my life.

For shotgun, 1972(I was 17). Shot bambi, it still had its spots. But it was a deer. My mom gave away all the meat
frown.gif

For muzzle loader, 2002(I'll still be 17!). If I can convince the wife that I need another deer killin toy.

The 'Bonker
Better to be thought a fool than send an "E" and remove all doubt.

Got my first BB gun back in 1966 when I was eight from my grandpa while my dad was serving his tour of duty in Vietnam. Had alot of fun shooting pigeons underneath the packing shed. Brings back some old memories. Graduated to other small game as I got older. Started hunting pheasants and quail in 77 and then bowhunting in 81. My first bow kill was a six point. Thanks grandpa for instilling in me the love of hunting. I wish I could go hunting with you again. That day will come again.

started hunting with a shotgun in 1978
hunted for 3 yrs with gun before getting my first deer (button buck) started in 1980 with a bow using a browning excellerator used that until 87 bought a darton viper still using that. started w/ muzzleloadewr in 88 for a couple of yrs then back to shotgun for a few now i hunt with a bow and muzzleloader and last year started w/ a 44 mag still haven't connected with the handgun yet

Started out shotgun hunting in 1982, gave it up after the 83 season. Bowhunted with a compound from 84-1990 and switched to traditional in 1991. Have shot both a longbow and recurve now for 10 years. Wow, how time flies when you are having fun!!!

I'm 20 years old and have been deer hunting since I was 13. I started bowhunting in the fall of 1997.

Top Bottom