Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

How much antler growth in one year?

IowaBow

Those of you that have been running trail cams for a while what is your estimate on what a buck could put on in one year?

Assuming everything is average to above average, home range, stress, food sources..etc...

How many inches on average would a 125" 3.5 yr old deer put on next year?

I know this is all just purely speculation but i'm curious what you would estimate..

I would say a 125 inch 3.5 year old is late in the game and probably will never break 160 in his lifetime. I guess you never know though, he could be a late bloomer. From what I have seen, it is the 120inch 1.5 and 2.5ers that stack on the inches. To answer the question, I agree with 203ntyp, probably 15-20 inches.

What they said. :) I've also seen them peak at 3 and plateau or decline after that. When they say every deer is different, they sure mean it.

I have the antler sheds from a buck last year that scored 131 without a spread credit, this year I harvested him at 4 1/2 and he was 180 gross, 170 net. So he gained about 23 inches. I think you guys are right on at about 20 inches from 3.5 to 4.5. But every deer is different.

Top Bottom