Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

How much??

mole

I was butchering my doe from the weekend and I noticed my "scrap" pile of meat. All of the silver skin, sinew, and tough stuff.

I am a self taught butcher and really enjoy the whole process. But it seems that I am ending up with a lot of "scrap" meat in the bowl that won't make it through my hand grinder.

So my question is: How much scrap or left over meat do you end up with when you butcher your own deer?

I want to be able to use as much as possible with minimal waste. Last year I tried grinding all the "scrap" meat to make sausage and gave up due to the grinder plates constantly plugging up.

mole

Matt,
Do you freeze the meat a little before grinding it? That has always helped me when grinding. I have an electric grinder that I seldom use. You are more than welcome to use it if you want. Just PM me if you are interested.
Joel

Depends on how much meat I have to grind. Sometimes I grind right away other times I'll freeze the meat until I get enough to break out the grinder. I'll give it a try. I might be in contact for the grinder. Thanks.

Anyone have a way to convert a hand grinder (bought from Northern Tools) into an electric? I've seen some with a small motor electric motor attached, but I don't have clue how to make something like that work.

mole

You the man
waytogo.gif
I'll be in touch.

Thats what i love about this site. Someones always willing to help a brother out.
peace.gif

mole

Top Bottom