Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

How sick would you be....

I know exactly how the guy feels. Been there done that! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

I received this as an email attachment about a month ago. I saved the image and then opened it in Photoshop. If you zoom in on the area of the arrow, the pixels in that area are different from the rest of the pic. In my nonprofessional Photoshop judgment, this photo is fake.

Whether fake or not, it would stink for that to happen.

JNRBRONC said:
I received this as an email attachment about a month ago. I saved the image and then opened it in Photoshop. If you zoom in on the area of the arrow, the pixels in that area are different from the rest of the pic. In my nonprofessional Photoshop judgment, this photo is fake.

Yea, I've wondered the same thing. In my opinion, the arrow seems way to long, its over half the length of the deer. However, there does seem to be a shadow from the arrow.

I don't know what to make of it all.

Here is the best I could blow it up and crop it, if it is a photoshop job the guy is pretty good.
cropped.jpg

Looks better than I remember. I'll stick with my original statement that it would stink! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

That would definately give you the heart in the pit of the stomach feeling, although I have seen bucks survive worse. Heartbreaking.

Wow..... I think that picture is real.. But that just goes to show how much an inch matters. I mean in all reality. It was not a HORRIBLE shot, He just pushed it about 2 inch right or yanked it two inches left. Or maybe he couldnt get it stopped and shot while it was walking... WHO KNOWS!

all I know is I Bet he was jacked when he shot, because unless he saw the penetration I bet he thought he whacked it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: huntcrazy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What do we make of this one?
arrowed.JPG
</div></div>

That looks like my arrow and the placement I made on the very first buck I ever got an arrow into. All white blazers and a IWT wrap. I never found him and it still weighs heavy. October of 2001 I believe. From the highest to the lowest.

Hey ironwood, sorry to dredge up old feelings, but I got this pic on one of my farms this past fall, not sure who the arrow belongs to. I kept expecting to see this buck and I was going to consider taking him a mercy killing because he looks rough. Never did see him though. He may turn up during shed hunting time, doubt if he survived that one.

Hmmmm.. At first I thought it was a fake pic as well. The arrow does seem way to long. But if it was a 30 or 31in arrow and theres nothing left in the deer except the broadhead it would be about the right length.

I zoomed in the photo around the wound, I cant tell.

Would suck if was my arrow.

Dean

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gersdorf</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wonder why the arrow didn't penetrate that much? Thats a great looking buck! </div></div>

They were shootin a Hoyt. Wouldn't have happened with a PSE cuz the deer would have heard the gunshot(bow going off) and would have ducked the arrow! Ha! Ha! Sorry to all I have offended, just havin' fun!!!

Wow, that would stink!

Looks legit and could happen depending on style of b.h. IMO probably a mechanical and depending on how thick his shoulder was could of happened to anyone no matter what bow is being used and penetration wouldnt of been that great, seen arrows blow right through and seen them stop like they hit a brick wall. That's hunting

I'd bet money it was an expandable/mechanical BH, i saw a guy shoot a nice buck about the same place with the same results. Should have blown through that part of the shoulder. But mechanicals take so much energy to open. JMO. I would be throwing up sick over that.

Top Bottom