Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

how to become a scorer?

To become an official measurer for Boone & Crockett, you need to apply for and be accepted for their five-day training program. Your chances for being accepted are better if there aren't any official measurers in your area. At one time I was really close to sending in my application, but I came to the realization that this hunting is about much more than scores and numbers, and I didn't want to invest so much of my time in the whole deal. I did buy the scorer's manual, though, and trained myself on how to measure antlers properly.

Contact P&Y and or B&C and let them know that your interested in becoming a measurer. I believe you can go to their websites and get the info you need.

I was fortunate to be invited to the B&C measurers training workshop and was given measurer status for P&Y also from that workshop. The training workshop that I attended was for the most part 5 days long and I would assume that would remain the same. Understand that you donate A LOT your time.

AGS

Contact Minnesota Official Measurers. They hold measuring classes couple times a year.

Quite afew people express an interest in measuring, but the fact is that very few will actually do it once trained. I don't know why this is but we at M.O.M. see, on the average, 20 people take the training for every 2 people who actually become measures.

Check out www.MNMOM.COM. These guys will get you set up and pointed in the right direction no matter what your measuring goals are.

Top Bottom