Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Howdy

Jeffcohuntr

Well thought I'd post a little about myself now that I've stirred the pot a little. :D Born and raised in Macon County MO, traipsed all over the area chasin all kinds of critters as a kid. Father worked in a coal mine all his life to keep me and my two bro's in ammo. had a concrete construction business for 15yrs. In 2001 I blew out my elbow and couldn't draw a bow for a bit. Kinda got me down so I started lookin around on the internet and came across a site similiarly named as this one except in MO. My wife and I became very involved in their "Mission" of getting youth and those who need a little help, outdoors. Made a lot of friends through that chance search on the web and things just kinda took off. My wife passed rather unexpectedly in 07, sold my business and started searching for my next path to follow which led me to IA. My mother had remarried after my dad passed, moved up here to Otown, so I decided to follow her N. Haven't figured that one out yet cause the cold darn near kills me nowadays and I prolly shoulda moved S instead. :rolleyes: But the allure of mighty bucks behind every tree won out. I've lurked here for some time, member letemgrow linked Dbltrees Corner to another website. Finally decided since I'm now a resident I needed to join. Had my first experience with IA hunter ed and mentoring up here this past week and it was just as pleasant experience as the many times I've sat in on the class with other first timers in MO. I look forward to turkey season and taking my young hunter out for the first time, becoming more involved locally in passing along the outdoor traditions I took for granted and enjoyed as a youth. It kinda feels like this trip I started some 10yrs ago has come full circle. When I initially became involved with helping others who needed a little help to get out, I had a fella call me one Sept. afternoon, he was the regional director for Wheelin NWTF. He was the catalyst that pushed me to not stop till we got our feet on the ground and started running. If I have my way and find the support, I'll do all I can to return the favor and get something started up here.

Welcome to IWT. You have a nice story and it's awesome to see how people step up and give back in one form or another to help our sport or help others. Well done. Hope you stick around here and contribute often.

Welcome to the site! We now know more about you with only 12 posts than we probably know of most of the guys with 1,000+ posts on here. Thanks for joining and feel free to pitch in whenever the itch hits ya.

Welcome, I do believe that I sat in the same Hunters Ed class as you this last week, my wife has decided to take the plunge and turkey hunt so that was the first step in that process. There is an excellant organization centered in VB county Called SERVE Outdoors who host youth and handicapped hunts. I have helped with a few of these and they are a blast. If your interested I can give you contact info. They are always looking for volunteers and fresh idea. Once again welcome.

• Deleted by N/A
Show…
Thanks for the warm welcome folks :drink2: I'm full of a lot of useless info and I am always willin to share it :D

Welcome, I do believe that I sat in the same Hunters Ed class as you this last week, my wife has decided to take the plunge and turkey hunt so that was the first step in that process. There is an excellant organization centered in VB county Called SERVE Outdoors who host youth and handicapped hunts. I have helped with a few of these and they are a blast. If your interested I can give you contact info. They are always looking for volunteers and fresh idea. Once again welcome.
Good to see ya on here too. :way: Definitely interested in learning more about this group you mention and helping in any way I can.

Top Bottom