Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

How's this for hog hunting?

• Deleted by N/A
Show…
  • Deleted by N/A
Show…
My brother checked into that. You have to have access to alot of land. I think the minimum was 10K acres. If the area is too small the hogs are all gone pretty quick. He found a guy with two choppers that does it alot cheaper than that. It looks like a blast to me. I'm in..........

Name this movie!

Reporter: “how can you shoot females and their young”

Gunner: “ Easy, you just don’t lead them as much"

• Deleted by N/A
Show…
  • Deleted by N/A
Show…
Cooter said:
Hogs a feral and not protected.

Mobile Cooter using IW

That's in Texas where a law was passed due to the problem & hogs are not regulated as game animals. In other states, they are regulated as game animals & have bag limits and legal methods of harvest defined.

• Deleted by N/A
Show…
Looks similar to what the IDNR is going to do to our deer herd if CWD is ever found!

JK :D

Just my opinion, I know they become a major problem but it seems a little unethical to me. I personally couldn't do that, but that's just me.

• Deleted by N/A
Show…
Them calling it hunting is unethical it should be called it eradicating or exterminating. Just like any other pest.

I agree with the eradicating statement. That doesn't really follow the guidelines of 'fair chase,' but I understand the need to lower the numbers in many areas. It, however, is not 'hunting' in my opinion.

Cooter said:
They are not problems in the other states? If they aren't yet they are gonna be. Texas is just ahead in the game.

Oh yes, they are problematic in other (all) states. That just shows the mentality of other states. Although Texas has this law, there are still ranches there that charge $500-$700/weekend to take 2 hogs. My BIL has been approached to trap hogs on his place to be sold to neighboring ranches. What foes that mentality tell you? My BIL & 2 other rancher friends in south Texas...all the hogs I care to shoot! They genuinely hate them & get it!

Top Bottom