Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

How's this happen?

turtlshell

PMA Member
Had a house cat (feral) come in and ruin my day at 3pm. It decided to dine on my chipmunk buddy and it really touched a nerve...so I decided to play top predator by relieving it of 9 of it's lives. Took an hour before the little bastard presented a shot (25yds). First shot was a touch high, but nicked it. The follow up shot looked,felt and SOUNDED perfect. Watch it run off, obviously hit and not moving fast. It went into a brush pile about 25yds away from the shot...I never saw the cat come out. Decided to get down at 445 to retrieve my arrows, since I was down to one. Got my arrows, but couldn't see the brush pile and I didn't want to tromp around too much as I'm sitting that stand tomorrow.

Anyway here's the dilema First arrow was deep in the mud and clean as a whistle (as expected).

Second arrow was only two inches in the mud and clean as a whistle (NOT expected).

I turn around to walk up out of the creek bed and there is leaf covered in blood (SWEET).

SO, obviously I hit the little bastard, but why is my arrow clean...or better yet why isn't there any sign on the arrow that drew blood? I'll confirm the kill tomorrow...ya know, I'd sure like to give the little bastard enough time to expire:D

Stay tuned.

Poor shooting I'm guessing. Probably going to go get his Mt. lion buddies to have some turtle soup this morning. If we don't hear back we'll look for a cat with a turtleshell helmet.

Oh those little bastards! I hope you killed the little bastard so the little bastard doesn't mess with any other wildlife. Chop the litle bastard up and use it for bait to catch a big bastard (bobcat).

Next time you miss your first shot, say "Here Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty" really fast. They love that. Make sure you roll your tongue.

Top Bottom