Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Hows your gun season going?

nIAeagle

I have a doe laying in front of my stand right now. Seen a lot of deer early but of course has calmed down since my shot. I didn't want to take a doe this early but she gave me a chip shot. That and visions of jerky and deer sticks were dancing through my head. Anyone kill a monster yet?

A

aimfirst said:
Not seeing much and shooting is pretty quiet- in VanBuren cty

We must be in different parts of the county. I am sitting with a youth hunter and we have counted 63 shots so far this morning around us.

huntyak said:

Yeah tell me about it, I was looking at a buck that had died from ehd when I heard the big fellow walking didnt realize he was with a doe till he jumped on her...

I haven't seen a deer or heard a single shot!

But then again, I'm stuck at work :mad:

In Webster County, we have an 8pt down and have seen a few does. Not a ton of shots either. Weather is changing fast, getting very foggy.

I am near bonaparte would guess two shots since ten am been in stand all day. Could have gotten several turkeys though

I was out this morning with a buddy and we didn't see anything. Now i'm in my climber in a different piece of timber. We'll see how it goes.

I forgot how much work climbers are to lug around, strap to a tree and and "hump" to the top. This might be my last year in this seat!

Hunted North Clinton Co. This AM. Passed 8 doe early moving on their own. Lots of shooting on properties around us. Saw more deer coming onto the farm as we left. My son says buck only through the weekend.

How long do you guys think it would take for things to "settle down" if I shot a mouthy squirrel with a Ruger .480? Hypothetically speaking of course

Are there any harvest pics to share? I saw lots of groups out (didnt have a tag, just driving around). I did successfully get my muzzy sighted back in....c'mon late season!!

Marion county was absolutely nuts. It reall was WWIII! I heard hundreds of shots. No joke. People were unloading their guns all around me and my two buddies. We sat in stands all day. I saw probably 15-18 deer. My buddies saw none! None of us even fired a round.

Saw 40 deer this morning, we shot 7. I got a small buck, thought it was a doe in the mist got it worked out now. Not bad for hunting until 10am then going to a swim meet. May I remind you, we're in tower blinds/stands not pushing.

sep0667 said:
I wonder if there are 63 dead deer from those 63 shots. WWIII:eek:

I am guessing not, several of them came in bursts of 3 to 5 shots. We even counted one burst of 9 shots in about 20 seconds. Really made me wonder just how safe it was being up in a tree, so we moved into the center of the farm and sat in a low spot.

Top Bottom