Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Hows your gun season going?

We drove around today getting spots lined up for 2nd season. Truly was an orange army out there. Heard some shots but not as many as usual for our area. We did get a good laugh as we watched a group of 15 guys set up on a push and before the blockers even made it to the back side of the property, about 15 deer busted out along with one big buck in the group. None of them even seen em

Well it was a decent spot this evening. I saw 2 does, 2 yearlings and the buck I call the Fortunate One. I usually don't care to give names to deer but I've had 3 opportunities to kill him with a bow (all from the ground) and blew every shot. Had I been more patient tonight I probably could have killed him with my 480. Be that as it may, I will call this a good afternoon.

We had a decent day, saw plenty of deer. Not very much shooting around us at all, really strange. Only ended up getting the one decent 8, it wasn't mine or else id show a harvest photo. The deer weren't in the timber like they usually are, the buck came out of a dredge ditch (we think) and most the other deer we saw were I'm tall grass too. Kinda strange. Good luck tomorrow everyone, hopefully tomorrow I'll have a good harvest photo to put up ;)

I had shot opportunities, just not at what I was looking for.

Maybe tomorrow.

Deer numbers definitely seem down, not much of a surprise.

Out of the 5 guys on our side of the creek (the other guys in our group usually stick to the other side) we got 2 does and 2 decent bucks. A 10 pointer and a 9, may not make the record books but trophies to the guys who got them. Since I got a buck with my bow earlier this year I was pretty happy to get my doe this morning, freezer was getting a bit empty.

Relaxing now watching Wisconsin spank Nebraska. I really don't like Wisconsin but when they're beating the Cornhuskers this bad I love 'em!

Hopefully a big guy will walk under my stand tomorrow, good luck everyone.

Hunted the Little Sioux Unit in Harrison county, it sounded like a war goin on most of the day. Our small group got a decent 10 pt and I shot me a doe early this morning.

Top Bottom