Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Hoyt XTEC

Jumpiest bow I have ever shot.Although as one "big" Hoyt shooter told me,"that is a solid wall my friend."In my opinion it is way too solid........Thought the Viper Tec shot much better....

I like mine. You or anyone else is welcome to shoot it if you are ever in the area. I'm not sure why TRX had the problems he mentioned while shooting it. The ViperTec has the same limbs with a shorter riser. I would think the X-Tec would have shot much smoother. Regardless of that, my recommendation would be to shoot it to see for yourself what you think. My choice would be the X-Tec or UltraTec or SuperTec or ProTec before any of the shorter bows. I just don't like the shorter ones. My X-Tec is at the minumum ATA that I care to shoot. The shorter bows give up more than they gain in most hunting situations but then again, in most hunting situtations is doesn't matter too much. Shoot what you like. JMHO.

TRX, are you sure it was the bow? Just kidddin'. 150 Class, I agree, you'd think that the X-TEC would be more forgiving, given the extra 3 1/2" ATA. I've shot the X-TEC numerous times and have yet to find it to be "jumpy."

Shorter ATA bows have their pro's & con's - but I have never been a big fan...cough,cough,outback-

I like HOYTS but I am with you Arrowsmith i love the shorter bows.re:SQ2.I haven't shot a HoytXtec.iI have heard that they are an excellent bow with a shorter ATA.

I am sure it was the X-tec.I shot both that and the Outback that day and I am not on either the Hoyt or Mathews bandwagon BUT,my opinion was that the Outback was a calss,ok 2 classes,above the X-tec.......JMO though so take it with a grain of salt........

I test fired the x tec and ultra tec and found them to be the smoothest, most enjoyable shooting bows I had ever shot. Even liked them better than my Q2XL. I never should have shot them, because now I want one and cant afford it.

Top Bottom