Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Hungry Bass!!!

Handcannon

Just thought I would tell you about the strangest bass event I have ever seen. This morning at about 6:30 Dad & I were fishing a pond. We caught the usual bass and we kept hearing splashing & thrashing in the weedbed. I motored over to the other side & we saw some GIANT bass chasing bluegills on top of the weeds, there were 5 different bass doing this. At times, 3/4 of the bass body was out of the water on top of the weeds. We got close enough to see a monster get ahold of a big bluegill. It was incredible!!! He had that whole fish in his mouth!!! These giants made a 5 pounder look tiny. Every time we flipped a moss frog onto the weeds they would disappear & come back about 15 minutes later. I had one swipe at my frog but there were too many weeds & it was never even hooked, bummed me out. We worked those weeds for 2 hours trying to get close & not scare them w/ the lures, very smart fish & very HUGE. Wish I had video of it, unreal.

Top Bottom