Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Hunter orange required for cameraman during firearm seasons?

Hahaha, yeah there are a ton of great trail cam pics and harvest pics going around this year already. The #1 reason they never make it to this site is because of the internet police. Someone has to fault nearly every picture or situation.
The rules are posted online and most places that sell tags offer a free little booklet you can read also.
Be happy for other hunter instead of trying to dig up something negative about what they killed, what they passed, how big or small a deer may be.
Goodluck to everyone this season!

I will admit I felt like a tool for not knowing you only needed orange on your blind during shot gun. Just should have kept my mouth shut.

Never hunted with a video partner so I was wondering do cameraman filming a hunt need to wear hunters orange? I would assume they do. Surprised when watching the amazing video on Trophypursuit of the huge non-typical that the cameraman didn't have blaze on. Possibly just some "extra" scenes they often shoot to fill time but he didn't have it on during the recovery either. Absolutely did not aid in the taking of the animal but I hope they don't get into hot water over it.

LMAO at SOME of you clowns. If I simply posed the question there would have been all kinds of helpful answers, just because I tie it to someones harvest video it becomes all bad. I was very clear in my original post that it didn't help in taking the deer.

Didn't seem to bother those that shot the video. They seen it as I intended. If they had really did something illegal I hardly doubt my thread on here was what would have tipped off the DNR on a deer like this.

Hey guys, thanks for the concern. We double and triple check everything beforehand.

To answer your questions: The videographer is not required to wear blaze orange. The blind does not need orange on it during early muzzleloader season.

To be honest with you, we had discussed this less than a month ago with law enforcement while filming at the AGL youth hunt in Centerville. Thanks guys!

Last edited:
When you post questioning the legality of something and specifically site the video of a highly visible kill.....you are policing....or at the very least trying to stir the pot.

If you sincerely don't know....research it. Google takes less than a second.

But instead you put into question a perfectly legal hunt.

If you didn't know.....that's how rumors are started.

I don't know Chris or anyone in these videos at all.....but I love watching them. I would hate for passionate hunters like Chris and his crew to stop posting here because they constantly have to prove their hunts were legal...

When you post questioning the legality of something and specifically site the video of a highly visible kill.....you are policing....or at the very least trying to stir the pot.

If you sincerely don't know....research it. Google takes less than a second.

But instead you put into question a perfectly legal hunt.

If you didn't know.....that's how rumors are started.

I don't know Chris or anyone in these videos at all.....but I love watching them. I would hate for passionate hunters like Chris and his crew to stop posting here because they constantly have to prove their hunts were legal...

So you're policing who you think is policing. Got ya.

Like I said before they didn't seem offended in the least by their post in response.

Can't speak for anyone else, but if I'm gun hunting or tagging along I'm wearing orange! I can see larger tracts of land if your the only hunter(s). But I always like to be as visible as I can when walking, the more orange the better. And if blind hunting you can shed all but the legal amount required. And as far as the video in question, I personally believe that anybody with the least bit of common sense who would go through all the hard work that it must've taken to harvest that animal, especially on video, would know rules/regs. Am I jealous of them? Who can honestly say they aren't even a little in some way? Give credit where credit is due! Awesome job Chris and everyone at TP, enjoy your stuff and thanks for sharing. I can bet all you haters have never fudged a single law at any point in your hunting lives.

Just watched their latest video. Talk about a field full of bucks! Keep up the great work Chris, Derek, Blake, and all the other TP members who frequent this site.

Can't speak for anyone else, but if I'm gun hunting or tagging along I'm wearing orange! I can see larger tracts of land if your the only hunter(s). But I always like to be as visible as I can when walking, the more orange the better..

X2.. whenever i am bow hunting on most of the farms that i dont own, I like to wear orange while walking in and out! Never know when someone will shoot at a "rustling in the brush" I DO NOT want to be shot lol... I took my decoy out yesterday and wrapped it in an orange vest while carrying it!!

Top Bottom