Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Hunter Safety Course

legbone

Going to Colorado this fall to try my luck in bowhunting elk. I need to get my hunter safety course certificate and don't want to wait until the last minute. I e-mailed the DNR for a schedule of courses and got no reply. Anyone have a course coming up in their area? I'm from central Ia.

I am teaching a class in Central City (cedar rapids area) on March 20-22 it is a 2 night, 1 saturday morning class. I know that the Izzac Walton lub in Cedar Rapids is also having classes in March

...March is the month when the state annually holds their Instructor Workshops...it is at these workshops that most District RSO's compile the dates for the Hunter Education Courses held in their areas...how fast it gets from the RSO's to the Web Site is anyone's guess, though they are trying to get it done faster each year...

...Carroll County (West Central Iowa) is holding one in early April...

Check with your local Izaac Walton or with the one in Ames. I know the one in Ames puts on a few classes evey year.

Try to find a bowhunter saftey class. It counts for other states and lets you participate in deer management hunts. It will also be more worthwhile....if you're a bowhunter.

Top Bottom