Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Hunter Safety System Harness

Willie

PMA Member
Who has one and what's your opinion of these harnesses? I picked up the Reversible Model today but was having a hard time choosing between this one and the Pro Series. The nice thing about the reversible one is it's Mossy Oak or Realtree on one side and reverses to blaze orange - with the orange being a part of the vest/harness that means no more worrying about remembering my orange for muzzy season.

I also looked at the Loggy Bayou systems too.

I own one and I love it. There is a great sense of security in the treestand just having it on. I need to buy another soon for my wife. It is very comfortable to wear and does not get in the way. Mine is the Pro Series Model.
Very good product for sure!
waytogo.gif

Camokid and I each have one, and really like them. Easy to put on, and they attatch easily to the tree. One piece of advice. Make sure you don't accidentally shorten your harness length by running it down the inside of your vest.
blush.gif
Cause if the biggest buck you've ever seen comes in behind your stand, and you have to turn for the shot, it makes for a real challenge. The 'kid did it last year on his buck, but I wouldn't recommend it.

I have had one for quite a few years now and love it. A couple of guys I work with have the mesh one and they didn't like how it stuck to the bark on trees. But you can wear them under a coat too.

I have one and it works well, very convenient. Except I have the double sided camo/blaze one and in the early season it gets kinda hot IMO. Other than that though you can't beat em with a stick.

I have one and absolutely love it. It takes a bit to get used to and get it perfectly fit for yourself but once you do that its amazing. I don't think I could go back to another one ever.

I have been using the HSS vest and Linemen’s belt for several years now. I really like the HSS products.

These are the HSS products that I use:

Pro Series: The mesh Pro Series is somewhat noisy if you brush up against rough bark. However I have never had a deer notice the noise from my tree stand.

harnessDetailHSS6.gif

Reversible Vest: I used this vest when the weather gets cold, or during the Muzzleloader season when I hunt from a treestand.

harnessDetailHSS4.gif

Hands Free Lineman’s Belt: Great for that extra measure of safety when ascending & descending your treestand. It also gives you hands free security when hanging you stand(s).
accessoriesDetailLCB.gif

Glow Clips: Mark that blood trail, or find your way to your stand in the dark. They do work well.

accessoriesDetailGC16.gif

<font color="blue">The Hunter Safety System has customer service second to none in my experience.</font>

For more information about HSS:

HSS

Willie-stay away fro the pro model onless youare going to put clothes on over top because the netting gets caught in EVERYTHING. Even in the stand they have a tendancy to hook up on bark and rest and pins and all that stuff that just may help you lose composure up a tree.

The reversible model is great-pockets are large enough to put STUFF in the side dump pockets.

The shorter bow hunter model has no side pockets but I think there is still a small chest pocket for phone and emergency knife.

I have owned 'em all and my first choice is the reversible, second is the bow hunter model---sold the PRO for $30 to an EX-FRIEND
cool.gif
, HE DOESN'T LIKE IT MUCH EITHER-something about it hanging up on fences and brush. AHHH life is good.

I like mine a lot, but wish the tether was just a little longer for turning in the tree. Customer service is awesome, they helped me get one custom fit. Highly recommend.

Top Bottom